Air coolers Brands & Types

Hey guys I want to buy an Air Cooler for my room, Need help in selecting Brand/Type etc

Please share your experiences and any knowledge you have related to Air Coolers

Avaliable Types

1.Local Made

Pros

1. cheap
  2. Good air flow

Cons

1. poor construction
  2. No information related to brand of fan & pump motors
  3. Every shop has its own price Medium size range from 6000Rs to 8500Rs
  4. Every shop claims there motors are better than other (but always mention unknown ghost brands)
  5. dangerously open wires connection
  6. No safty measures (Even the metalic ends of switches are not covered)

Cheap Quality (poor overall construction & body material)

A.Cheapest quality body sheets you can recognize it by painted body actually iron core is so thin and low quality that they have to paint it
1401643389_654064887_1-nullfull-size-des

B. Its body material or iron sheets are better than shown above THey are not painted You can recognize it by multi-colored or checker box type Iron sheets

1374688245_531065001_2-room-air-cooler-w

Same category with good sloped top

C.Finest available quality, Good in looks and body material i.e steel sheets and chrome fan cover but internal motors are same as in above models,
You can recognize it by glossy Iron sheets more they shine the better the iron sheets would be However thikness is another issue, IN local market they are known as steel body cooler

2. Branded

Pros

1. Looks good
  2. Uniform construction
  3. Safety features e.g properly insolated wiring

Cons

1. Expensive
  2. Less Air flow/Cooling as compared to local ones

3.Blower Type

Found at online adverticement sites donot know anything about it but apparently giving a solid look

5078091891387709748.jpg

9267866541387709748.jpg

1404728141387709748.jpg

try to get blower type aircooler, their airpseed is much higher compared to fan air cooler.

the first one is also branded its Lahori Cooler the greatest invention for mankind by Lahoris

thanks foor posting .. show prizes here plzzzz

Forget all and get this one. http://qeemat.pk/shop/super-asia-rac-450-p-air-cooler-price-in-pakistan/

I own it and its throw and cooling is really amazing. I can also sell mine if got good price :)

The last one is specific for ducting. It delivers airflow through ducts in multiple rooms. The blowers provides high air flow

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

1 - for proper powerful air flow and a bit of cool air as well, nothing will beat a local lahori cooler.. it is cheap, easy to maintain, and has all the air we need for our temps. they come in various qualities, so the steel-type body in second pic would last longer.. you only need to get the Khuss refilled every year and that would be all..

they are noisy.. but thats about it

2 - all the quality looking internal portable units suck.. they will only mildly blow some air in your face if you sit right in front at no more than 5 ft distance. they wont cool anythingthe water system is poor, the jaali is poor and plastics canot hold the weight of extra Khuss so it will always be under filled.. their capacity is small and only small air flow no more than a small table fan.. really useless.. just sat in front of it yesterday and it was almost dead..

3 - the lats one is for commercial use with multiple shops or small rooms side by side being supplied with ducts.. not for home use.

4 - No matter what your intended purpose is, if you use the cooler inside a bedroom or drawing room you will suffer very huge long term losses. the moisture will eventually damage all your electrical appliances like TV or UPS or dvd players and speakers especially.. in drawing room, the furniture will suffer from moisture and you would see their polish fading and wood expanding in a couple of years.. these coolers are meant to be placed in a wall in a common room where air flow will circulate all the rooms with open doors and provide jet flow with moisture all around. putting it closely near sensitive equipment will risk a short circuit..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:21204”]

4 - No matter what your intended purpose is, if you use the cooler inside a bedroom or drawing room you will suffer very huge long term losses. the moisture will eventually damage all your electrical appliances like TV or UPS or dvd players and speakers especially.. in drawing room, the furniture will suffer from moisture and you would see their polish fading and wood expanding in a couple of years.. these coolers are meant to be placed in a wall in a common room where air flow will circulate all the rooms with open doors and provide jet flow with moisture all around. putting it closely near sensitive equipment will risk a short circuit..

[/quote]

+100 advice

Nothing beats an air conditioner or sitting under a banyan tree on a chaar-pai.

[quote=“faraz.hassan, post:4, topic:21204”]

thanks foor posting .. show prizes here plzzzz

[/quote]

Cheap quality medium size local made cooler is avliable for 6000Rs and one with better looks is around 7000Rs price is slightly negotiable but in either case you donot know the brand of inside motors

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:21204”]

1 - for proper powerful air flow and a bit of cool air as well, nothing will beat a local lahori cooler.. it is cheap, easy to maintain, and has all the air we need for our temps. they come in various qualities, so the steel-type body in second pic would last longer.. you only need to get the Khuss refilled every year and that would be all..

they are noisy.. but thats about it

2 - all the quality looking internal portable units suck.. they will only mildly blow some air in your face if you sit right in front at no more than 5 ft distance. they wont cool anythingthe water system is poor, the jaali is poor and plastics canot hold the weight of extra Khuss so it will always be under filled.. their capacity is small and only small air flow no more than a small table fan.. really useless.. just sat in front of it yesterday and it was almost dead..

3 - the lats one is for commercial use with multiple shops or small rooms side by side being supplied with ducts.. not for home use.

[/quote]

A shopkeeper told me that blower type coolers create less moisture because fan type cooler throw water droplets along with air Is it true?? I have also seen few installations of blower type coolers at home but they are very old ,it seems they are not being manufatured for home use........

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:5, topic:21204”]

Forget all and get this one. http://qeemat.pk/shop/super-asia-rac-450-p-air-cooler-price-in-pakistan/

I own it and its throw and cooling is really amazing. I can also sell mine if got good price :)

[/quote]

That is too expensive dude Rs.13500 :blink:

At same site there is an alternative in Rs.6500

pak-room-air-cooler-metal-body-pk-3500-f

http://qeemat.pk/shop/pak-metal-body-pk-3500-air-cooler-price-in-pakistan/

These type of miniature water pumps (25Watt) are also being installed They range from Rs.300 to Rs.500

Donot know how well they work in comparison to old heavy duty 200 watt pump

1400847386_649743061_1-nullfan-cooler-pu

Anyone knows which brand of fans/motors are good/popular in localy made lahore air coolers????

The best aircooler, which I have personally (even better than spilt ac, in certain scenarios) are bricked lined aircooler. It is uses the same fan as Lahori cooler (its noisy), must be built under a shade (a large tree or any such shadow) but it is much more cooler and cheaper.

One of my relative had it built (under a Jaaman ka tree) 20 years back and it is still working in perfect condition. Bricks are much better than khuss, but Lahori cooler can be made portable but Brick lined aircooler is stationary.

[quote=“khurram4m, post:10, topic:21204”]

A shopkeeper told me that blower type coolers create less moisture because fan type cooler throw water droplets along with air Is it true?? I have also seen few installations of blower type coolers at home but they are very old ,it seems they are not being manufatured for home use........

[/quote]

I used a aeroasia type (it was some other brand) aircooler with cardboard or such matting (instead of Khuss) for more than 10 years. We had it installed in our bedroom.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:15, topic:21204”]

I used a aeroasia type (it was some other brand) aircooler with cardboard or such matting (instead of Khuss) for more than 10 years. We had it installed in our bedroom.

[/quote]

Can you point me to its online product link if avaliable???

[quote=“khurram4m, post:16, topic:21204”]

Can you point me to its online product link if avaliable???

[/quote]

Currently it is retired but I will take a few pics in the morning, but be careful don't use these types of aircooler near other electrical equipment e.g Computers etc

[quote=“khurram4m, post:12, topic:21204”]

These type of miniature water pumps (25Watt) are also being installed They range from Rs.300 to Rs.500

Donot know how well they work in comparison to old heavy duty 200 watt pump

1400847386_649743061_1-nullfan-cooler-pu

[/quote]

i m using this small water pump since last year.

working very good..pressure of water throwing is equal to big pump.

i buy in 500 only and satisfied with its performance.

Guys Check this Cooler: http://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=79tcBKDws_A

Any alternative available to this here in Pakistan?

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

what about for karachi. does air cooler works in karachi.