After Motherboard repairing pc goes slow down

Recently, my motherboard got replace. Now when i start window first it shows setup options , then it takes time displaying motherboard manfuctured by: INTEL Then it shows black screen and - then go to window xp processing.

Now how to speed up win. and how to remove setup options from the begining it was not as before. Is it hardware replacing or repairing issue?

I have p3, 550 mhz , 256 ram. I know p3 are slow but its taking around 1 min and 20 sec for going to desktop. But before repairing p3 start within 95 sec.

Format your harddisk and reinstall Windows.

By the way, did the "INTEL" is displayed before Windows starts? If so then change settings in your BIOS to speedup boot-time (skip floppy test and memory test etc.). Consult your Motherboard's manual for detail settings of your BIOS.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Format your harddisk and reinstall Windows.

By the way, did the “INTEL” is displayed before Windows starts? If so then change settings in your BIOS to speedup boot-time (skip floppy test and memory test etc.). Consult your Motherboard’s manual for detail settings of your BIOS.

[/quote]

Reinstalling window is not solving my problem. Yes first it ask for resuming win or setup , then motherboard manf. by INtel cop. display but takes long time.

1- How to speedup boot time , plz guide me step by step, after going in setup which tab i need to select and which options.

2- How to consult motherboard manual for BIOS settings?

I need urgent help.

Upgrade your BIOS software

Recently, my motherboard got replace. Now when i start window first it shows setup options , then it takes time displaying motherboard manfuctured by: INTEL Then it shows black screen and - then go to window xp processing.

Now how to speed up win. and how to remove setup options from the begining it was not as before. Is it hardware replacing or repairing issue?

I have p3, 550 mhz , 256 ram. I know p3 are slow but its taking around 1 min and 20 sec for going to desktop. But before repairing p3 start within 95 sec.

[/quote]

Go into your bios setup program and look for an option to speed up BIOS booting:

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rbb.htm

[/quote]

Ok lets see if I got this correct:

Before repair, boot time = 95 seconds = 1 min 35 secs

After repair, boot time = 1 min 20 secs

I don’t know about you, but to me it seems that your boot time decreased by 15 secs after repairs and its faster now!

lol @ 95 sec and 1 min 20 sec

before reparing it was 95 sec which = 1 min 35 secs

after reparing it is 1 min 20 sec which = 80 secs