After Blocking Websites, Govt Plans More Sweeping Curbs

Saw Najam Sethi hyperventilating and expressing extreme

reservations last night in his show, over a Cyber Crimes Bill

(?) that the Ministry of IT, under the direction of it's minister,

Anoushay Rehman (PML-N), intends to surreptitiously and

quickly pass unnoticed through Parliament this session.

NS: "Bibi iskay muTabiq, agar meiN Govt pur TanqeeD

karTa houN, Tv pur, net pur, ya akhbar meiN, Tou aap

mujhay jail meiN phaink sakTi haiN"

Anoushay: "Hamaray haaN yeh culture ban gaya hai [Govt

pur Tanqeed karna], iss kou ab khaTam hona chahiyea".

His basic concerns were that Govt intends to strike down

the idea of freedom of expression. The bill is so sweeping

that just about everything anybody does over the net will fall

under it's ambit and thus, prosecutable. Once you have that

sword hanging over your head, you have practically usurped

free thought and made opposition to a tyrannical & corrupt

government, a crime.

Of course, we don't have to worry about such thing in Pakistan.

We have the most honest, sincere, fair and professional Govt,

judiciary, police and bureaucrats.

Sheikh 'Soon To Be A Serf' Chilli

It's true. There are a couple articles linked on WP FB page over the last week about this.

Ban-happy government (now prosecution-happy too) up to its usual antics again... <_<

see the bright side of this bill

No spam advertisment emails

No one will post comments that makes you angry

No fraud deals when buying or selling

No tons of comments on your page as if you are girl

No kamran1x1 farhan_ds multichoice on forums :lol:

New department for corruption ..... Imagin an innocent keyboard warrior going through tough chitroll parade :blink:

My suggestion leave Pakistan ASAP even if you get visa for nigeria :ph34r:

This is going to be the future of many Internet users in Pakistan :D

pr2.jpg

19janworld.jpg

Why do these politicians dont remember the recent history? Eg saddam, ghaddafi etc. Such measure in today's world will only invite the wrath of public.

my only concern is that our gov don't own some equipments and skills which will help them catch anyone, and also internet is a world in itself anyone can stay anonymous if they have little technical skills/money.

p.s instead of passing this bill these idiots should focus on problems like youtube , which is shutdown in pakistan for decades nows and these a-holes can't write few lines of codes to block controversial materials.

i really don't want to say this but Anoushay is officially a W#0r3 from now on.

[quote=“MrKamran, post:6, topic:22070”]

my only concern is that our gov don't own some equipments and skills which will help them catch anyone, and also internet is a world in itself anyone can stay anonymous if they have little technical skills/money.

p.s instead of passing this bill these idiots should focus on problems like youtube , which is shutdown in pakistan for decades nows and these a-holes can't write few lines of codes to block controversial materials.

[/quote]

NOt everyone can stay anonymous Facebook donot allow you to use proxy even the new forums detect if its a proxy or real connection ,paid VPN's are not in everyone's approach ,on the other hand FIA cyber crime cell donot even need high end equipment they will just make an agreement with facebook to provide user IP address combined with local ISP user logs it would be leathal

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:8, topic:22070”]

NOt everyone can stay anonymous Facebook donot allow you to use proxy even the new forums detect if its a proxy or real connection ,paid VPN's are not in everyone's approach ,on the

other hand FIA cyber crime cell donot even need high end equipment they will just make an agreement with facebook to provide user IP address combined with local ISP user logs it would be leathal

[/quote]

this is why i use the word technical or someone who have the money for it.

FIA cyber crime cell : this must be a joke, if not then the only people you will find in this dept will be sifarish's sitting on their a$$'$ and watching p#rn and stalking on girls fb profile pages.

facebook : internet doesn't end or start with only facebook.

agreement with facebook : yeah you make it too easy, with our country reputation aside from the fact that we don't have any agreement with american or any world countries sharing of such info + in US security agencies get such kind of info after court approval + we even don't have our own google country office + etc etc i don't think so.

this is not criticism just food for thought.

[quote=“MrKamran, post:9, topic:22070”]

this is why i use the word technical or someone who have the money for it.

FIA cyber crime cell : this must be a joke, if not then the only people you will find in this dept will be sifarish's sitting on their a$$'$ and watching p#rn and stalking on girls fb profile pages.

facebook : internet doesn't end or start with only facebook.

agreement with facebook : yeah you make it too easy, with our country reputation aside from the fact that we don't have any agreement with american or any world countries sharing of such info + in US security agencies get such kind of info after court approval + we even don't have our own google country office + etc etc i don't think so.

[/quote]

Donot underestimate PTA or FIA cyber crime cell yes internet doesn't end at facebook neither I claim anything like that but a vast majority of Pakistanis use it ....

I lost the link but Pakistani authorities were in talks with facebook to provide USER IP logs

But here is a similar news which proves that you can't just ignore the threat however if you just want to win an argument then that is another thing .........

The secret agreement between PTA and Facebook

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/opinion/09-Jun-2014/the-secret-agreement-between-pta-and-facebook

There is a secret agreement between the PTA and Facebook to block pages the PTA deems unfit for consumption by Pakistani audiences

[quote=“MrKamran, post:9, topic:22070”]

[/quote]