ADSL2+ Modem, Wireless + Ethernet Router

I need what can be called a 3 in 1 device, something which has ADSL2+ Modem as well as Wireless + Ethernet Routing capabilities.

Something like this,

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=567 or http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx

I think Linksys WRT54GL router is like quite popular but it does not have a built in modem (correct me if I am wrong). Why is that? I mean my computer table is already filled with lots of stuff, I don't want TWO devices for Internet connectivity but just ONE.

Is Modem + Wireless Router in one device not reliable, good or what? Is it better to have a separate modem and wireless router connecting from that modem???

u r correct the WRT54GL does not have a modem built in

i have never used a modem with a router built in so i cant say abt the quality whether it is better or worse then a stand alone router and modem

Most DSL companies give a free modem, so it's cheaper to just buy a wireless access point.

^ I may just have to do that but will try my best to avoid all that clutter involved in :( and those cheap chinese modems.

I bought a USR modem + wireless router for the same reason, to have just one box, but the dsl connection never worked properly with that, so I ended up using both boxes at the end.

^ What problems were you having?

hey Joker, buy the dlink one. they are always good. I mostly use dlink modem+routers.

so now you have dsl conenction? as long as i remember you were still waiting for ptcl to launch dsl services in your area.

yeah go 4 D-Link 1.....

Thanks for replies everyone. D-Link seems to be the only choice right now. Linksys WAG354G is also a choice. It's costing me Rs.6700/- on order though as compared to D-Link's 5k on shophive (It should be less than that I think in local market or when getting direct from Silicon Technologies, which are their distro in Pakistan)

Nah, DSL has not arrived, SDO's office says its matter of a few days now, everything is setup. I am looking for one since its gonna take time anyway and may as well buy one if find a good deal.

Hasn't shophive gone belly up?

Edit: It was Beliscity, not Shophive.

^ Not sure what that means :P. Their prices are higher yes, if that's what you mean. I'd avoid purchasing from them anyway.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Not sure what that means :P. Their prices are higher yes, if that’s what you mean. I’d avoid purchasing from them anyway.
[/quote]

I meant hasn’t shophive closed shop since the owner escaped to Dubai? Search the forums and you will find the relevant thread discussing this.

I am not sure how functional shophive is right now.

Edit: It was Beliscity, not Shophive.

Yeah, that's beliscity.Shophive is still running fine.

wasnt that beliscity?
[/quote]

Yeah… Thanks for the correction. Much appreciated.

Thanks for replies everyone. D-Link seems to be the only choice right now. Linksys WAG354G is also a choice. It’s costing me Rs.6700/- on order though as compared to D-Link’s 5k on shophive (It should be less than that I think in local market or when getting direct from Silicon Technologies, which are their distro in Pakistan)

Nah, DSL has not arrived, SDO’s office says its matter of a few days now, everything is setup. I am looking for one since its gonna take time anyway and may as well buy one if find a good deal.

[/quote]

or you could request them ZyXel which is modem+router+wireless.

^ What problems were you having?
[/quote]

It would desync every few hours, and take a while to resync. Shifting back to the Maxcom supplied modem fixed the sync issue. It could just have been something misconfigured in my modem.

It would desync every few hours, and take a while to resync. Shifting back to the Maxcom supplied modem fixed the sync issue. It could just have been something misconfigured in my modem.

[/quote]

maybe the dsl mode!

Thanks all for replies.

or you could request them ZyXel which is modem+router+wireless.
[/quote]

Thanks, lol, where were you when I was asking if they give router in PTCL topic :P. ZyXel Modem + Router + Wireless is given by PTCL? I'll see if their website has any thing on this.

Thanks for this. =)

Thanks all for replies.

Thanks, lol, where were you when I was asking if they give router in PTCL topic :P. ZyXel Modem + Router + Wireless is given by PTCL? I’ll see if their website has any thing on this.

Thanks for this. =)

[/quote]

yes they gave me ZyXel modem which is ADSL 2+ router and wireless router as well. and it has postforwarding as well. but i dont like it or maybe i cant use it well.

status page says its model # as P-660HW-T1 v2. that router is from this series…

http://www.zyxel.com/web/product_family_detail.php?PC1indexflag=20040812093058&CategoryGroupNo=AC5783AE-9475-41AD-BDA5-0997187F44AA