Ad Hoc Connection to iPhone

How can i created an Ad Hoc Connection to my iPhone over wifi

This means my laptop is connected to my WC Evdo and by creating a ad hoc connction i can access internet on my iphone

Reply ASAP

iPhone connects to the internet over wifi or cellular. Now with the latest software update you can tether internet onto another device, but i don't think you can do it the other way around. You might need to look for a router with an access to a USB dongle, and connect your iPhone to the internet using wifi.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

How can i created an Ad Hoc Connection to my iPhone over wifi

This means my laptop is connected to my WC Evdo and by creating a ad hoc connction i can access internet on my iphone

Reply ASAP

[/quote]

which window u ve so i show u the way

http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-laptop-hot-spot/9742-1_53-28619.html

1-How setup wifi hotspot on windows vista, xp and mac

http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-laptop-hot-spot/9742-1_53-28619.html

now your iPhone can connect to the ad-hoc network setup in step 1 just like in normal wifi connection you do in iPhone, but most probably you can not use the internet.

2-Manually Set Configuration on iPhone

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1077907

you should ignore the IP/Subnet subnet mask listed in the article and use the ones being issued by the the Computer in step 1

OR if you are not able to succeed with step 2 you will have to do some tricky with iPhone like in

http://lifehacker.com/327066/use-your-iphones-internet-connection-on-your-laptop

hope it helps

which window u ve so i show u the way

[/quote]

I have Win Vista.

So far i have created an ad hoc connection, my iphone detects it but i cant access the internet even though my laptop is connected to WC evdo

i chk the wifi settings on iphone and it give me the DCPH ip as 169.X.X.X … according to some reviews IP startign with 169… are unworkable

i have turned on the ICS on vista with the default ports and everything

Please Please help :(

please tell me the ip settings in detail

^that is the reason I put the step 2 in my post. didn't you follow it? if not then do it.

please tell me the ip settings in detail
[/quote]

you have to set IP/subnet mask/default gateway manually in iPhone.

if you have done all the things in the cnet video.

after sharing your actual usb internet connection,

go to properties of wireless network connection, then in Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties, then note down what the IP address and subnet mask are.

just close them all.

now suppose you noted the following values

Gateway = 192.168.0.1

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0

get into your iPhone wifi settings, use static option. set the values as below

IP = 192.168.0.2 (any thing in the series 192.168.0.x where x between 2 and 254)

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway = 192.168.0.1

please note if you still are not able to browse then also give the DNS in your iPhone along with above detail

for DNS look in to your windows vista check the status details of the shared connection by right clicking then choose status and then details.

^^

I cant look up DNS, it set to automatic and when i click manual it gives blank field

i tried the 2nd method with his Ip adress and the software BURP .... i can now partially access internet with only weather and maps opeing up along with some apps

Safari stocks youtube still can open website, (it keeps in busy mode without gibving error )

HELP again :S

^ Did I say to set it manually on shared internet connection ?? NO!

you have to lookup DNS in your windows which you will find as I said in the last line in my last post.

right click on the usb internet connection(that is connected and being shared) and choose status from the context menu, and then click details. there you will see one or more values(IP addresses) against IPv4 DNS Servers

enter these DNS servers in iPhone where you eneted the other IP details

I hope it makes sense now....

Finally..... success !!

thankyou so very much

you are welcome :)

Just out of curiosity any idea why cant the ipod/vista network manager do all this stuff automatically ?

I tried this ad hoc thingy on Mac ... all this #$%# was done automatically