Acronis V.s Norton Ghost?

I recently got NORTON GHOST 14 but I want to ask u people that can we start in dos while using norton ghst 14..this option was available in recent versions of ghost but I guess not in the latest version...

And what u people say about ACRONIS..Most people prefer acronis over norton ghost!!!

what exactly you want to do with ghost/acronis?

actually I have backed-up my C drive using NORTON GHOST 14..But if my system becomes unable to start then how would I recover using ghost image in DOS..I think that NORTON GHOST 14 doesnt support DOS..Should I make RECOVERY DISK???

actually I have backed-up my C drive using NORTON GHOST 14..But if my system becomes unable to start then how would I recover using ghost image in DOS..I think that NORTON GHOST 14 doesnt support DOS..Should I make RECOVERY DISK???

well, I haven't used Norton Ghost, or any Ghost making software, but I read about some free softwares for making a Ghost of Win XP, read them here

http://www.tipsfor.us/2007/06/05/ghost-your-windows-system-for-free-using-open-source-tools/

http://www.tipsfor.us/articles/ghost-windows-xp-for-free/

http://www.tipsfor.us/2008/10/17/ghost-windows-for-free-with-macrium-reflect-a-visual-guide/

hope it helps.

FaKeeRa

okay..the problem with the ghost is solved....I read the complete manual came with the NORTON GHOST 14 CD..Now its all okay!!!!

What was the problem? would you like to share. Also when problem is solved its better to share the info where you raised the question as one who'll read will get the solution.....

Yup! Like if I want to avoid the "Again-and-Again" installation of my xp+15 software, will these two software help? If yes then please tell me the method.

Ya of course you can avoid these lengthy processes.

1:- Install a fresh copy of OS of your choice

2:- Than install softwares which you've to install each and every time after installation

3:- Make image of your drive using Ghost or acronis ( I use Ghost )

4:- Than just enjoy

Whenever your OS is corrupted or any errors happening just restore to that image using same program with you took image. If you want whole proceedure that how to make an image file step by step than i'll do on request.

^righto..But its not as eaasy when using norton ghost 14!!However not very difficult too!!!

Ok..I tell u the problem..Actually when I made a ghost using norton ghost 14 and reboot it to check whether the back-up was ok..

But problematically,it was not proceeding to anywhere..Finally I figured-out that drivers in my norton CD were not matched with the drivers of my computer..So norton ghost 14 had the option of writing your own disk with the same drivers of the computer!!!!

So I made that and the problem is solved!!!!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yup! Like if I want to avoid the “Again-and-Again” installation of my xp+15 software, will these two software help? If yes then please tell me the method.
[/quote]

Yeah Ghost is fantastic option!!!

I backed-up my 10GB data in C drive by ghost and compressed it to 3Gb…U can easily recover your data within 5 minutes…No laborious 45 monutes window install!!!U must try that!!!

For example, I am installing any software in drive D. During installation, it[some software] may install some of the files in root© drive. In this case, I would have to make image of both drives(C and D)?

Even you can take image of whole disk but it requires that you've attached an additional hd. so you can store image of whole disk to that. of course that additional hard disk must be larger in size.

Well in your case you're installing both on c and d: so you should take image of both drives individually one by one. and same at backup or writing image. again write one by one to the drives.

no extra HDD is required by the way...If u are going to make an image of drive C then the destination for the image must be the drive other than C..I havent connected another HDD!!!The drive D usually remains intact..The problem usually occurs with the drive C!!!!

U can reboot your computer by using the norton ghost CD and it will take u to te WINDOWS PE environment where u can easily recover your lost data in drive C...

U can create an image of multiple drives too..The procedure remains the same!!!!!

Do u use extra HDD???I dont think that's required!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For example, I am installing any software in drive D. During installation, it[some software] may install some of the files in root© drive. In this case, I would have to make image of both drives(C and D)?
[/quote]

yes u can but for this u must have third drive!!!

Usually,D drive doesnt affected when windows registry is ruined due to virus!!!However the possibilty is always there!!!

@dogarsahab

I meant to say that even you can take backup of whole hard disk. Of course usually people don't take backup of whole hard disk, neither it is required in most cases. But i was talking about optional thing. May be someone can use this. Normally you shouldn't. Is it all clear man now?

even many,having very very important data,do this....

But I got that what u meant to say!!!!:|

can someone give the whole process of writing the image of C drive back to C drive

I have a manual of norton ghost 14 in which there is detail of everything!!!!IF u need that then I can give u!!!

Man just go to Norton ghost site and checkout the whole process. If you still have queries than post here we'll help you.:D