Acer laptop from Galaxy

I went to Galaxy to buy a laptop today and they had an Acer Aspire with good specs there (Core i5 Sandybridge with 4 gig ram and 640 gb hdd, price was PKR 51,000). However the problem was they only had a summary of the laptops specs listed on the display tag and I wanted to see if the laptop had usb 3.0 ports etc..a full list of specs basically. When I got them to bring out the box, there was nothing written on it either. It was a plain cardboard box with the Acer logo, no stickers mentioning the model etc, and inside the box was just the laptop (which did look new) and the charger and aside from that nothing else.

I found it pretty strange that a new Acer laptop would come in an unmarked box with no manual or anything. My past experience with Galaxy has been good but my last purchase was a Dell which comes in its own box with the driver cds/manuals etc. Can anyone confirm if Acers usually come without any sort of manuals or cds (just the laptop +charger in the box) or is there something fishy about this?

Also this particular model isn't listed on Galaxy's website either. I was about to pay them cash when I saw the box with no specs or anything. Not sure what Galaxy is playing at here.

It comes with all that stuff, check here. Ask galaxy where are the rest of the stuff. Personally I don't buy from galaxy, search local market.

Exactly, seems like Galaxy was trying to sell me a boxless computer that they put in another generic box which looked more like an LCD box tbh (no handle etc as you get with laptop boxes).

perhaps the laptop was refurbished,

usually a refurbished laptop will have the sticker on the bottom stating just that....

I dont know about galaxy, but the local shop keepers will sell you one (after removing said sticker) and if you dont ask.. they dont tell you that it is a refurbished piece.

Refurbished laptops have less than a years warranty thats why refurbished stickers should never be removed!

good to know,,,,,refurbished laptops are actually a good investment but the price difference in the pakistan market between a brand new one and a refurbished lappy is minimal..

it is only abroad that you will see a marked price difference between these 2,

Just buy anything you find. You will always get junk, no matter how much you research and deliberate.

^Wow, GREAT logic.

[quote=“rizla, post:, topic:”]

I went to Galaxy to buy a laptop today and they had an Acer Aspire with good specs there (Core i5 Sandybridge with 4 gig ram and 640 gb hdd, price was PKR 51,000). However the problem was they only had a summary of the laptops specs listed on the display tag and I wanted to see if the laptop had usb 3.0 ports etc…a full list of specs basically. When I got them to bring out the box, there was nothing written on it either. It was a plain cardboard box with the Acer logo, no stickers mentioning the model etc, and inside the box was just the laptop (which did look new) and the charger and aside from that nothing else.

I found it pretty strange that a new Acer laptop would come in an unmarked box with no manual or anything. My past experience with Galaxy has been good but my last purchase was a Dell which comes in its own box with the driver cds/manuals etc. Can anyone confirm if Acers usually come without any sort of manuals or cds (just the laptop +charger in the box) or is there something fishy about this?

[/quote]

hy you can also buy laptops fro www.alazizonline.com on cheep price and with a box and 1 year warranty