A suggetion for people with dialup internet

This post is basically for people stuck with dial up because of non availibility of broadband in their area...But anyone can benefit from it..

Why don't you try buying a very very very cheap cell with infrared modem..buy an infrared port.. Get a Zong prepaid sim ..475 rs unlimited internet..it would cost you 17-2500 onetime and 475/month after that..

Or alternatively you can connect to internet with ur own cell with an unlimited package..

Or get an old phone ghar pay koi ho to and use it as an infrared modem..

For people with high internet usage it can be a great idea..Imagine rare disconnections if any,and the money you would save on call charges everytime you connect with ptcl..

And if edge is available in ur area u can use it too...you would have to putt a little more money into the cell and bluetooth/data cable..

I think,this is one of the most overlooked things on the internet today...With warid infinite gprs package(as mobilink onl offers gprs in cities) people living in the rural/newly developed/suburban/areas with no availibility of broaband for different reasons can get an excellent dialup speed (unlimited data usage)with no call charges everytime you connect..

the speed is the same as a good dialup

why ZONG? Get telenor, it has EDGE everywhere.

well i think i am gonna go with worldcall wireless postpaid 500Rs unlimited internet with 10 to 15 KBps download speed.

Why only infrared? infrared is slow you can use bluetooth which is comparativly fast and dont have to keep mobile face t face. I were using Nokia 6021, mobilink unlimited grps and bluetooth dongle in PC or notebook. Very good service as compare to dialup.

I have used GPRS and I did not find its speed any better than the dial-up.

Some time speed went more than 3.5K or mroe but now days found about 2.5k to 3k. However, it is still better as you dont have to pay further charges to PTCL for landline and kept engaged your phone and can use it any where in Pakistan, where service available.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have used GPRS and I did not find its speed any better than the dial-up.
[/quote]

and since GPRS is wireless it also has much more latency

I wana know that somtimes i get 16-17kb/s on ufon edge&even on gprs i get 6-7kb/s early in morning while downloadng thru mobile applications so dont we get d same on pc?If it z so then i think edge z far beter than dial-up we dont get more than 3-4kb/s on dial up?

You get high speed at morning because not much user using service. And yes edge is better than dialup as you dont have to pay ptcl and keep your phone enganged.

However, it is still better as you dont have to pay further charges to PTCL for landline and kept engaged your phone and can use it any where in Pakistan.
[/quote]

that is actually an excellent point considering PTCL people are sucking the blood out of people these days.

Good dialup speed is not available everywhere yaar..+No disconnection..No connectin chrges..

Aur telenor ka unlimited package naheen hey...

Infrared or bluetooth,that depends on indivisuals..

edge is 2.5G :)

3G gives much higher speed

3.5G has also been introduced

I wish 3G or 3.5G comes to Paksitan with reasonable price and reasonabale speed than i will use this service rather than dsl, so , i can move around.

I wish 3G or 3.5G comes to Paksitan with reasonable price and reasonabale speed than i will use this service rather than dsl, so , i can move around.
[/quote]

we are striving for edge i.e 2.5G and you dreaming about 3.5G

ahh enjoy your dreams

[/quote]

Thanks for not wake me up from. ;)

Erm.... no one stated that GPRS/EDGE has a high ping.

and since GPRS is wireless it also has much more latency

[/quote]

@shareek

umm i did