A question about WP frontpage

I have a question about wiredpakistan's homepage. why is not regularly updated? is that a side project? is wired pakistan supposed to be forums mainly?

Musafir, writing takes time. KO has limited time to dedicated to WP. If you care, you should definitely give him a helping hand.

I dont know how can I help. I would love to help tho. I joined this site this month before that I was just a homepage visitor. and not seeing regular updates really made me think that this site sucks. no offense just saying. other non members would be thinking the same too. now that I have joined these forums, I'm pretty happy with that. But still site homepage needs to be updated.

I think the forums need to be at the root of the domain, and the blog at wiredpakistan.com/blog

Might just be another ridiculous idea though =)

hey dont flame anyone. I was just curious about this site. and Raza is correct, forums could be the main page for wiredpakistan.com as it is much more active.

I used to write 'tech' articles for Spider once upon a time, so I would post them here. These days I'm not, so the updates are pretty infrequent.

For the time being, to make the front page less stale, I'll add a block at the top showing forum activity.

It's a good idea to shift the forums to the front page also..

Just use a redirect, for now.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I used to write ‘tech’ articles for Spider once upon a time, so I would post them here. These days I’m not, so the updates are pretty infrequent.

For the time being, to make the front page less stale, I’ll add a block at the top showing forum activity.

It’s a good idea to shift the forums to the front page also…

[/quote]

both of them are good ideas. I personally like shifting forums to main page if you cant post articles regularly.

Shifting forums to main page would be awesome. You could use a 301 redirect to safely point the home page traffic to the forums.

yes KO, plz move the forum to main directory,and move the blog by using a sub domain. that is, if you dont mind :)

On the weekend...

Its updated when a tech event in Pakistan happened =)

On further thought, moving the forums will break all the google links... I am going to leave it here for the time being.

@KO, why not just setup a redirect from the forums ---> wiredpakistan, that way anyone who hits the /forum links will be redirected and we can finally stop unintentionally hitting the wiredpakistan blog :P

There seems to have been an update to the front page, and I can't navigate to the forums from there...when I click on the 'Forums' link on the right hand side of the page nothing happens...

It even says something like this:

Forums

* An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

Anyone else having this problem?

Fixed. Upgraded To Wordpress 2.5, that had caused the feed error.

@KO

Why is it that if I mistype the URL of WP such as wwww.wiredpakistan.com (note the extra W) it takes me to offroadpakistan?

Interestingly enough, wwww.wiredpakistan.com/forums/ takes me too the offroadpakistan forums =)

^ takes me there too

The website is on the same server, thus same IP address. At the moment all misspelled subdomains are pointing to offroadpakistan.com, will fix this.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Saad ibrahim is still missing in action, where abouts unknown.

another kid abbas jin drops by once in every few weeks.

[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue: i think i drop by MORE THAN once in every few weeks. I even read all the interesting stuff you post, its just that most of the times i dont post in threads when i dont have much to say. OK, the kid thing is ok but the nick name, now thats a major violation …its not abbas jin … its AbbasJin … see, the capital A & J, how the two parts are connected without the user of the space key! :)