A question about Solar Charge Controller

I have ep solar LS2024b 20A Solar charge controller, I want to use it as battery charger without using solar cell, I want to ask what kind of power supply i need to attach with this charger to simulate solar cells.

My battery is Phoenix UGS-175.

there are branded server power supplies available in market for around Rs.2000 they are being sold as battery charger which I don't know how because In my understanding you need 12+ V to charge a battery and these supplies are 12V , I don't know if they are modified or not but can these power supplies be used as power input for solar cell?

thanks

My charger and its specs

LS2024B-20A-12V-24V-solar-charge-control

Input laptop charger & enjoy.

[quote=“Is_it_relevant, post:2, topic:22695”]

Input laptop charger & enjoy.

[/quote]

But my dear as I said I have to charge my Phoenix 175 battery which is around 135 amp how many days will it take to charge it using 2 amp laptop charger :huh:

Connect 3 same model 5-7A laptop chargers in parallel.

BTW: Batteries not charged at 12V instead at 14.2~14.6V.

[quote=“Is_it_relevant, post:5, topic:22695”]

BTW: Batteries not charged at 12V instead at 14.2~14.6V.

[/quote]

yes I know that

[quote=“Is_it_relevant, post:4, topic:22695”]

Connect 3 same model 5-7A laptop chargers in parallel.

[/quote]

thanks but that would be a strange solution i guess :)

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:6, topic:22695”]

yes I know that thanks but that would be a strange solution i guess [emoji4]
[/quote]

And expensive 2 [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not that expensive.

Rs.2000 is enough to purchase 3 chargers I guess.

[quote=“Is_it_relevant, post:8, topic:22695”]

Not that expensive.

Rs.2000 is enough to purchase 3 chargers I guess.

[/quote]

10A power supply kit will cost same which is better in this situation though i don’t know what rating would be appropriate for this since OP want to charge a big battery 10A will heat up quickly also he need to make sure volts x amps donot exceed’s charge controller capacity, it would be interesting to know how to exactly simulate solar cells of high capacity

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:, topic:”]

I have ep solar LS2024b 20A Solar charge controller, I want to use it as battery charger without using solar cell, I want to ask what kind of power supply i need to attach with this charger to simulate solar cells.

My battery is Phoenix UGS-175.

there are branded server power supplies available in market for around Rs.2000 they are being sold as battery charger which I don’t know how because In my understanding you need 12+ V to charge a battery and these supplies are 12V , I don’t know if they are modified or not but can these power supplies be used as power input for solar cell?

thanks

My charger and its specs

[/quote]

Why do you want to connect ANOTHER charger to an existing SOLAR Charger to CHARGE your battery?

sir i want to connect POWER SUPPLY to my charger.