A-level Physics and Chemistry Privately

I'm going to study for A-level Physics & Chemistry within this week. I just have few queries which will help me release some of the tension related to them.

1. What books did/do you study physics and chemistry from?

2. If you're/were a private student, how did you study for Practicals?

3. Do you know any tuition centers that helps with practicals tuition only? Name, Address and Phone # will work.

I know about Maths so I won't bug you a lot for that but I'm a bit worried about Physics and Chemistry.

Will appreciate any help! :)

For Physics:

Comprehensive Physics Vol 1 and 2, and Pacific Physics Vol 1 and 2. Though Comprehensive is more than enough and well written. You will also need to get the "Applications" booklet printed by cambridge from somewhere, or from here

For Chemistry:

AS and A Level Chemistry by Cambridge University (Black cover) has almost all core syllabus covered, and its new edition might have the applications booklet already included (Like in Biology now), or you'll need to get this one too. Link

You can also get A Level Chemistry by E.N Ramsden (Good for Organic) and Chemistry in Context (Good for Inorganic) Don't get the original version which is around 2200 unless you have a lot of spare money and like coloured pictures :)

For Practicals:

I am not in Karachi so can't help you out in this one, but I am sure there will be some academy which will offer just Practicals tuition. And I will suggest to get help from Internet too when it comes to Applications of Chemistry/Physics part.

Best of Luck.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For Physics:

Comprehensive Physics Vol 1 and 2, and Pacific Physics Vol 1 and 2. Though Comprehensive is more than enough and well written. You will also need to get the “Applications” booklet printed by cambridge from somewhere, or from here

For Chemistry:

AS and A Level Chemistry by Cambridge University (Black cover) has almost all core syllabus covered, and its new edition might have the applications booklet already included (Like in Biology now), or you’ll need to get this one too. Link

You can also get A Level Chemistry by E.N Ramsden (Good for Organic) and Chemistry in Context (Good for Inorganic) Don’t get the original version which is around 2200 unless you have a lot of spare money and like coloured pictures :)

For Practicals:

I am not in Karachi so can’t help you out in this one, but I am sure there will be some academy which will offer just Practicals tuition. And I will suggest to get help from Internet too when it comes to Applications of Chemistry/Physics part.

Best of Luck.

[/quote]

Did you meant this endorsed CIE book: http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521544719 ? … It’s 2004 edition.

Bump!

So sorry to reply late haris, have been doing nothing on-line except get the PTCL evdo PCMCIA to get working somehow.

Yup that is the chemistry one. The Comprehensive physics is hard to get last to my knowledge, but might be different in Karachi.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

So sorry to reply late haris, have been doing nothing on-line except get the PTCL evdo PCMCIA to get working somehow.

Yup that is the chemistry one. The Comprehensive physics is hard to get last to my knowledge, but might be different in Karachi.

[/quote]

Do check your email. I have sent you an email too.