A good new computer

Which is the cheapest computer(laptop or desktop)with the following specifications:

Operating System: Windows 7

Processer: at least Intel Core i3

RAM: at least 2 GB

Video card: at least 1 GB(better if DirectX 11 supporting but not too expensive)

HDD: around 160 GB to 220 GB

Please tell me the cheapest good computer with these specifications.I can also get them from UK or Saudi Arabia(from relatives)so I can buy a computer from these countries too.

Laptop from Dell around those specs would be 60-70K.

Huzaifa97; why are you looking to get it from out of the country? when there is nothing in your specs which you can not get them here.

Any ways.... A laptop(with these specs) would cost more than the Desktop PC(with these specs) would do. besides that Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse will cost additionally.

Are you joking.Check the the Inspiron 15r with the following specifications:

Processer: Intel® Core™ i3-350M 2.26Gh (4 Threads, 3M Cache)

Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

HDD: 320GB 5400rpm

RAM: 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3

Video card:Intel HD Graphics(which I don't think is lower than Rs.20000)

Along with 1-year Basic service warranty plan and Microsoft Office Starter 2010.It is better specifications than I asked and the price is $569 i.e Rs.48000.And you said it would be between 60K to 70K

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

why are you looking to get it from out of the country? when there is nothing in your specs which you can not get them here.
[/quote]

I didn’t say I want to get it from outside of Pakistan,I said if any PC is not available in Pakistan than I can also get it from outside of Pakistan.

Huzaifa97, Intel HD Graphics is not a video card and not cost 20,000 Rs. as you think. Intel HD Graphics is integrated with Intel® Core™ i3 and is not recommended if you want to play games as it is a low end display solution. Get yourself ATi 5xxx series if you want DirectX 11 compliant card to play games.

Intel's GPUs suck bigtime. They're only meant for everyday computing, nothing more than that.

Inspiron R only came out 2 days ago as far as I know. Be sure to check review before buying. And you can customize laptops from dell.com, add an ATi GPU there and see how much it costs.

There is no question about it that Intel Graphics sucks big time and one is really disappointed when he see performance of Intel Extreme/HD graphics with respect to playable frame rates and image quality in games. I have Intel board with GMA3100 built-in graphics which was released in 2007, but it cannot play prince of persia sands of time game which was released in 2003, how ironic is it. Here is comparison of Intel HD graphic image quality with ATi graphic image quality in UT3.

ATI image quality in Unreal Tournament 3

http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/intel_clarkdale/ut3785.jpg

Intel image quality in Unreal Tournament 3

http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/intel_clarkdale/ut3661.jpg

Are you joking.Check the the Inspiron 15r with the following specifications:

Processer: Intel® Core™ i3-350M 2.26Gh (4 Threads, 3M Cache)

Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

HDD: 320GB 5400rpm

RAM: 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3

Video card:Intel HD Graphics(which I don’t think is lower than Rs.20000)

Along with 1-year Basic service warranty plan and Microsoft Office Starter 2010.It is better specifications than I asked and the price is $569 i.e Rs.48000.And you said it would be between 60K to 70K

[/quote]

What you get here is the 330M (2.13GHz) i3 processor, DOS OS, 320GB HDD, 3GB RAM, Built-in Gfx and 1 year local Dell (official) warranty for 53-54K. If you add Windows 7 64bit and a 1GB Gfx card, you go in the range of 60-70K, just like I stated.

Intel’s GPUs suck bigtime. They’re only meant for everyday computing, nothing more than that.

Inspiron R only came out 2 days ago as far as I know. Be sure to check review before buying. And you can customize laptops from dell.com, add an ATi GPU there and see how much it costs.

[/quote]

Inspiron 15R have been here for some time now.

What you get here is the 330M (2.13GHz) i3 processor, DOS OS, 320GB HDD, 3GB RAM, Built-in Gfx and 1 year local Dell (official) warranty for 53-54K. If you add Windows 7 64bit and a 1GB Gfx card, you go in the range of 60-70K, just like I stated.
[/quote]

Go to dell.com and check its price and specifications.

^ Why should I go to Dell.com? That website shows US prices, not Pakistani prices. Some price difference is to be expected. Use some level of common sense! :/

US prices are always higher,not lower

^ Who told you that???? US, UK prices are lower than the prices in Pakistan. In UK, they even get their paid-taxes back annually which make it more cheaper for them.

In Pakistan, the prices are not usually meant to be accurate to the laptop manufacturer's price. The distributors in Pakistan define their own price tags for laptops to maintain their profit also..

2nd, you can get a laptop from Dell online even more cheaper if you choose from their promotional offers (which usually be there very regularly). One of them is the "Fast Track"...

About the specs you mentioned are not matched with the ones you got from dell.com, you can't compare both with prices. 1GB Video Card is not gonna make it cheaper any way. other factors also involve in pricing in different countries. the laptop you mentioned the price for on dell.com would be higher in price in Paksitan around 60k.

check these ones, they seem to be the same you chose on dell.com for Rs. 48,000/-

http://www.mega.pk/laptop_products/206/Dell-Inspiron-1564-with-Core-i3-!!.html (older model, processor is lower)

http://www.beliscity.com/laptops_browse_laptops_by_cpu_type_core_i3/c15_122_1844/p24237/dell_inspiron_15r_n5010_obsidian_black_glossy_finish_color/product_info.pakistan.html (Ram is lower as 2GB)

http://www.itchasers.com/store/products/Dell-Inspiron-15R-D5010-Core-i3-350M-1GB-ATI(2.26GHz,-4GB,-320GB,-15.6%22).html (Rs. 71,000 as per your requirement in first post)

Asad was quite right in telling the price for your requirements as 60 - 70k

edit:

I always try to get one from dell.co.uk when every convenient for following reasons.

1- I could save 10k to 20k or a little more.

2- I can customize the laptop according to my desire. (The primary reason I want to get one from dell.co.uk.)

3- No Shipping charges when some one takes it along.

and no worries about warranty, it can be transfered easily to Pakistan's distributors.

US prices are always higher,not lower
[/quote]

Computer prices in the US are lower. Other things are more expensive there like food and clothing. But things like consumer electronics, internet access and computers are cheaper.

Labour is more expensive there so only the very rich can afford domestic servants, drivers and custom tailored clothing.

Which is the cheapest computer(laptop or desktop)with the following specifications:

Operating System: Windows 7

Processer: at least Intel Core i3

RAM: at least 2 GB

Video card: at least 1 GB(better if DirectX 11 supporting but not too expensive)

HDD: around 160 GB to 220 GB

Please tell me the cheapest good computer with these specifications.I can also get them from UK or Saudi Arabia(from relatives)so I can buy a computer from these countries too.

[/quote]

First thing you do when wanting to buy a computer is decide what you want to use if for. A gaming computer, for example, is a different beast than an office computer.

Anyway looking at the above specs I notice you are asking for a video card based on the amount of memory it has. That is not how you judge a graphics card’s performance. Gaming performance is dependent more on its core clock speed and memory bandwidth than memory capacity. You don’t need more than a 512mb ram graphics card. You should read reviews of various graphics gaming performance online.

Also if your going to be buying a new computer then you have to get at least a 500GB hard disk.

i am REALLY trying to refrain from using the word troll... :P hehehehe

mr./ms. huzaifa97 -> u asked for an opinion and thez guys are giving it to you in full.

and what they say is absolutely correct.

and i think you have LOTS of money to spend? :P

and i think you still havnt decided on what you want to use the laptop/pc for...

if any of these things arent the way i sed then plz feel free to give the full and correct picture.

it would really help if you posted ur requirements, eg. u need a gaming machine/ media machine/ downloading machine/ ......u dig mate?