A good freeware antivirus

I need some help ragarding the selection of an antivirus program (Freeware) which can provide good enough security for my home PC. Can any one recommend me a better antivirus from the following list:

AVG antivirus

Rising antivirus

Avira antivirus

Avast antivirus

My windows gets corrupt every now and then... i m getting sick of this situation. Although there are genuine antivirus softwares available in market very easily with some realy good performance, but the problem is that such genuine softwares are expensive enough for us (we ppl are used to get pirated softwares on a Rs.30 CD). :D

Some one there, kindly help me out regarding the issue... your help will be highly appreciated.

Hmmm get AVG, and Tune up utilities. It will help your windows last long.:)

AVG is crap now. Choose between Avira or Avast. I personally use Avast and highly recommend it.

Also head over to this thread and check out other software to help you: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1470

i've been using Avast on my laptop for more than 6 months now, Never got any problems. But somehow i like nod32 which is on my desktop pc more than Avast.

Go for Avast without any hasitation

No anti virus gives you 100% . I have tired all.

Can two different antivirus in two different windows conflict with each other?

^ Faizan Ahmed

Two different antivirus in same Windows will conflict and it is not recommended, neither by Microsoft nor by antivirus manufacturers.

Two different antiviruses in two different Windows; whether in two separate computers or in same computers (as dual OS) should not conflict.

go for avsat

Guys considering your suggestions I used Avast antivirus... but the problem is that its scanning process is too slow. Yesterday I started scanning my computer's [C:] drive and after about 3-hours the scanning progress was just 2%, after which I grew tired and cancelled the rest of the scanning process.

Its scanning process is so slow that you can literally see every single file been scanned while in other antivirus softwares that I used e.g Norton, Kaspersky, AVG etc its not like this.

Has anyone of you ppl faced the similar problem with Avast or is it something else that's making the scanning slower in my case?

Yes it happen when u try to scan ur computer while running other applications so scanning progress will be slow.Try to run full scan once only and dont run any other application/program while scanning.

Try another one

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Guys considering your suggestions I used Avast antivirus… but the problem is that its scanning process is too slow. Yesterday I started scanning my computer’s [C:] drive and after about 3-hours the scanning progress was just 2%, after which I grew tired and cancelled the rest of the scanning process.

Its scanning process is so slow that you can literally see every single file been scanned while in other antivirus softwares that I used e.g Norton, Kaspersky, AVG etc its not like this.

Has anyone of you ppl faced the similar problem with Avast or is it something else that’s making the scanning slower in my case?

[/quote]

try again in safe mode coz its very strange, it shouldn’t be more than 30-40 mins for a single partition.

Assalam O Alikum!

Dear All,

I highly recommend ESET Nod32...i have been using it since last 1 year without any problem...and mine is cracked one...valid till 2050...

DELETED. Mod: We don't want this forum to be a platform for piracy. Please read the rules.

Regards...

A Proud Pakistani

Go for Avira

Avira Antivirus is the best

Everyone says the antivirus he use is the best :P

avast... avg doesnt do much anymore.....

Yes, Avast serves the purpose quite well, especially considering that its a freeware.

I m personally satisfied with it.

AVG Free Edition, very basic and easy to use.