8x8x8 LED Cube

Hey everyone! i would like to present this 8x8x8 LED Cube i made! The cube was made by following this cool instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Led-Cube-8x8x8

Since video can not be embedded here, you can find it here at dailymotion

This project cost me about 4000 rupees approximately!

More pictures can be found at my blog Electronifica

That is cool stuff in dark

Good work

Very nice!!

Congratulation on this brilliant achievement. Best of Luck in Future Endeavors.

Thanks everyone!

Where did you buy the components from?

Nice! Please make a video of it in operation and share.

[quote=“executionist, post:7, topic:20732”]

Where did you buy the components from?

[/quote]

College Road, Rawalpindi

[quote="Asad, post:8, topic:20732"]

Nice! Please make a video of it in operation and share.

[/quote]

I have already made the video! looks like u missed the link in my original post! here you go! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x190ih4

Asad vs Asad..

Round 1 :D

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:10, topic:20732”]

Asad vs Asad..

Round 1 :D

[/quote]

hahaha :D

[quote=", post:9, topic:20732"]

I have already made the video! looks like u missed the link in my original post! here you go! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x190ih4

[/quote]

Missed it earlier. Very nicely done. :)

Planning an RGB LED cube next? :D

[quote=“Asad, post:12, topic:20732”]

[/quote]

Nah man!!! RGB is too expensive :P Its like 20 rupees atleast for each led. so 20 x 512 = 10k only for leds! circuit aside! Also rgb is too much hassle! Aint got that much time on my hands! aagay Federal Board 2nd year ke papers aarahay hain, uske baad Inshallah university mai! phir to bilkul time nahi milna :D

^ I can gift you the the LEDs if you are willing to do the next RGB version.

I have lot of Red, Green and Blue oval shape LEDs in 5mm size with diffused lens and 140 degree viewing angles.

[quote=", post:14, topic:20732"]

^ I can gift you the the LEDs if you are willing to do the next RGB version.

I have lot of Red, Green and Blue oval shape LEDs in 5mm size with diffused lens and 140 degree viewing angles.

[/quote]

Thanks alot bro :D I may consider your offer if I am free and willing to make the RGB version in summer vacations :D

Btw guys, do any of u have any experience shopping with aliexpress.com? I am about to order electronics worth 30 USD from there and i worry they may get lost in shipment etc. Never shopped out of Pakistan so a bit hesitant.

Nice project. I've been following instructables from a long time. great site it is. Made many of puzzles for my nephews and nieces and many other projects.

[quote="Asad, post:12, topic:20732"]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha! you could've removed the link and said there is no link you know you are the admin. :P

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:17, topic:20732”]

Nice project. I've been following instructables from a long time. great site it is. Made many of puzzles for my nephews and nieces and many other projects.

Ha ha ha! you could've removed the link and said there is no link you know you are the admin. :P

[/quote]

LOL :D

[quote=", post:15, topic:20732"]

Thanks alot bro :D I may consider your offer if I am free and willing to make the RGB version in summer vacations :D

[/quote]

Did you write the software yourself or used some open source code ? Which micro-controller is being used in this project ?

I used the source code provided with the instructable but i made some amendments in it. Atmega32 is being used :)