8 mpbs home dsl connection for rs. 1500!

From Mansoor Adenwala on TGP:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Hello All,

IMZAK is a local islamabad-based ISP quietly running in the background. I

was browsing their site when i came across the following page

http://www.imzak.com/packages.html

*Economy Package*

2Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1000.00

8Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1500.00.

Home user only. Three months billing applies.

No Modem Included in Economy Packages.

Free installation.

Has someone used this service? i'm using a 1mpbs connection right now, and

so far, it's MUCH better than my PTCL one (no connection drops :)).

--

-mansoor

[/quote]

Link: http://groups.google.com/group/telecom-grid-pakistan/browse_thread/thread/dd36ef950aea6852?hl=en

Supposedly, it's 1Mbps package is better than PTCL's 1MB package! It seems to be a shared Cable Net.

Lucky Isloo users :(

what is this i am unable to understand any body using services of this ISP or any body contacted them for details ??

and why so much price difference in Economy and Shared Packages :S

Economy May Have Volume Limit

Economy May Have Volume Limit
[/quote]

well 8mbos package and you have download cap … :D you know i gona kill who designed this package does not make any sense.

but still we have to wait for details and reviews.

is it really possible , that they can offer 8 mbps in 1500 rs.

at the same time they are giving 1 Mb CIR @ "Rs.17,500.00"

i think there share ratio would be like 100 - 200 users per connection

^ Or maybe a very low cap like 2 or 5 GB.

However, if it's an unlimited 8 Mbits connection with even 50 contention ratio then it's a good deal.

its upto 8 mbps for rs 1500 :0 but still very good ............

In India Airtel is offering 16 Mbps connection at 5000 Indian Rs. with 50 GB cap. just google it.

damn :D i am gonna contact them ASAP , i go near thier office daily

It must be like a local cable network, the connection is most likely to be shared between multitudes of users

Yaar , I heard that they are also going to launch their tv services soon like ptcl smart tv.

They will give you 180 channels in it.

as for dsl , you will be charged rs. 7200 for registration . You will pay Rs.4500 / 3 months ,then they will check your line condition for rs.200 and will see your modem if compatible for their dsl service ,if not they will also charge rs. 2500 for modem. the downloading speed will 800 kbps as I dont know about their download limit

Yaar , I heard that they are also going to launch their tv services soon like ptcl smart tv.

They will give you 180 channels in it.

as for dsl , you will be charged rs. 7200 for registration . You will pay Rs.4500 / 3 months ,then they will check your line condition for rs.200 and will see your modem if compatible for their dsl service ,if not they will also charge rs. 2500 for modem. the downloading speed will 800 kbps as I dont know about their download limit

[/quote]

In short they will charge us 14400 at startup for registaration+3 mnth fee+line checking+modem

^Overall its a good package if unlimited !

finally a new start of competition for high speed

In short they will charge us 14400 at startup for registaration+3 mnth fee+line checking+modem

[/quote]

No , they will charge Rs. 7500 only at startup and afterit they will charge u 4500/3 month and they are ginving UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD . But our problem is that we are also using ptcl smart tv for which we shud also use their dsl service :( .

But we are very much happy with ptcl smart tv bcoz our cable wala gives 45 channels with good reciption and after channel 55 or 60 the channels start to disappear . They arr giving 102 channels . The most important thing that we liked about it is TIME SHIFT TV . My father liked it most bcoz he can watch CAPITAL TALK from start . :P

Erm.... PTCL Smart's channel lineup is super-duper pathetic!

It must be like a local cable network, the connection is most likely to be shared between multitudes of users
[/quote]

no it is not.

on their website they mentioned abt exchanges, it seems it is like ldn, or ptcl

its a shared network,so get over it.

when more and more ppl will join,u will be having very less speed

and getting sorrow about it