720p Videos

I just got this kick ass 22 inch Samsung monitor and i want some 720p videos to download.. I found an episode of prison break in 720p and i downloaded it and it looks pretty good. Is there a torrent website dedicated to HD quality videos?

I used to be a member of http://hd-bits.ro/ , its a dedicated HD torrent site...you can sign up no invites or anything right now...

apart from that most stuff you can find at normal torrent sites as well (like piratebay, iptorrents)..just search with +720/HD/1080 etc.

you can also easily find HD stuff on Rapid Share as well...which is what I recommend, because you don't have to worry about seeding and stuff, and you get better download speeds...both of which can be a problem with given the size of HD content...just get a cheap 1 month point generated converted account from someone...

www.eztv.it

hdbits.org FTW... but u need an invite.

Rapidshare also has tonnes of HD material.

I dont really like using Rapidshare because of so many restrictions.. I dont have any problem in seeding though.. Are there any other HD websites you people are aware of ?

Funfile is good, about 1000 HD files. You need an invite though. If you want, let me know. I'll get you one.

i dont have torrents link but if you ask me abour RS or Megaupload links then i have HD movies site :)

Yeah i have a funfile account.. I didnt know they had HD files.

Anyway i downloaded a Prison Break episode on 720p .. I dont see any major differences in the one i downloaded before which was of around 300 mb.. The HD one was 1gb.. And yeah i felt a bit of difference but i was expecting a bit more..

just search for 720p or 1080 you'll get loads of results.

Yep found them.. But they arent starting for some reason even when some of them have thousands of seeders !!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yep found them… But they arent starting for some reason even when some of them have thousands of seeders !!!
[/quote]

see tracker status maybe the tracker requires you to wait before download

does your monitor support hd ? Does your video card support hd? And does the software you use for playback support hd?

if you Have RapidShare account and megaupload account.

visit this site.

www.hd-bb.org

see tracker status maybe the tracker requires you to wait before download

[/quote]

Waited the whole night still the download isnt starting :D

My monitor supports HD… Im playing my PS3 in 1080p HD on my monitor… Im not sure about the graphic card and the software.

Alamode a 22 inch screen has a resolution of 1680x1050 which can be HD (720p) but it can't be 1080p which is 1920x1080 (True HD), even though it might have an hdmi input which supports 1080p. The best it can do is upscale 720 to 1080. I should know, I bought a 22 inch screen only to run into this wall.

Techy stuff apart I bought a Samsung 40 inch 1920x1080 P screen and hooked it up to a dedicated pc running the latest (hd) hardware, latest software (VLC, Haali etc) and the results were perhaps 10 % better than 720p. Another interesting fact is you can't really notice 1080p under a 40 inch screen.

Just enjoy your screen.

For funfile downloads to start you must be logged into their site as the time of starting the downloads AND adjust your router/firewall settings to allow it.

Agree with abbass, i got a couple of blu-ray DVDs to enjoy the full 1080p quality on my screen, and although it may be slightly better, theres no way i would download a 1080p file when a 720p is just as easily available with far less file size. 1080p is over rated :P

Abbas: you said Another interesting fact is you can't really notice 1080p under a 40 inch screen.

what does one need to really enjoy 1080p ?? ...

Alamode a 22 inch screen has a resolution of 1680x1050 which can be HD (720p) but it can’t be 1080p which is 1920x1080 (True HD), even though it might have an hdmi input which supports 1080p. The best it can do is upscale 720 to 1080. I should know, I bought a 22 inch screen only to run into this wall.

Techy stuff apart I bought a Samsung 40 inch 1920x1080 P screen and hooked it up to a dedicated pc running the latest (hd) hardware, latest software (VLC, Haali etc) and the results were perhaps 10 % better than 720p. Another interesting fact is you can’t really notice 1080p under a 40 inch screen.

Just enjoy your screen.

For funfile downloads to start you must be logged into their site as the time of starting the downloads AND adjust your router/firewall settings to allow it.

[/quote]

I know , The PS3 downscales 1080p so that it fits to 1680x1050. Its not full 1080p but its still good. I cant really tell the difference between 720p or 1080p on the ps3 though. Probably that difference would be more apparent if the native resolution was 1920x1080.

Abbas: you said Another interesting fact is you can’t really notice 1080p under a 40 inch screen.

what does one need to really enjoy 1080p ?? …

[/quote]

A 52 inch 1080p screen with a 120hz refresh rate and a home theater pc with a good processor and video card. Oh and you have to be sitting at a maximum distance of 10 feet from it :)

A 1 megapixel plasma offers a better movie watching experience than a 2 megapixel lcd. For everything else (consoles, computers) lcd’s slam dunks.

@alamode About 90 % of PS3 and Xbox360 games are 720p, so it even if you have a 1080p setup you’ll still be playing at 720p.

And 1080p IS over rated. 99 % of the people can’t even tell the difference between 720 n 1080. It took me 10 runs of the Pirates of the Caribbean trailer to notice the differences.

Ahan thanks for the info.. I cant even tell alot of difference when running normal files to 720p although yeah the difference is noticeable if you look closely.