50% Duty on LCD / Plasma / 1800cc+ Cars

Anyone planning on getting a LCD/Plasma .. better rush ur nearest shop ... Government has enforced new SRO tax on luxury goods

The SRO will be effective from today

These items include luxury cars (1800 CC and above), refrigerators, air-conditioners, washing machines, televisions, LCDs, plasma, furniture, ceramics, tiles, cooked food, fruits, vegetables, perfumes and shampoos.!

-

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/updates.asp?id=53360

-

Jiyay Bhuttoo..

aaj bhe bhuttoo loot raha hay, kal bhe bhuttoo lootay ga

(PS: This was posted on WCCK)

my GOD..... 50% tax at once, and look at the items fruits, vegetables and shampoos. (u know if i have a choice to have i million dollars on one side and burn zardari alive on the other, guess what i'll choose....god damn f&&kers) btw his 60milion dollars are cleared by swiss bank. he is know 60 million richer.

It's 15-50% and it's more on imports. More details here: http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=800786

computers too!!!???

damn...even LCD monitors?? better buy one fast...

Breath Tax. Soon to be imposed!

well gov. wants you to use local stuff... :D

be Pakistani buy Pakistani :P

All this will acheive is more smuggling and customs-get-rich-schemes....all the wanna-be-zardaris will be powerful once more :(

List of duty Imposed Jhaaaamoriaaatttttttt! lOLLLLLLLLL

http://www.fbr.gov.pk/newcu/sros/2008/2008SRO896.pdf

[Removed for use of Roman Urdu]

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well gov. wants you to use local stuff… :D

be Pakistani buy Pakistani :P

[/quote]

I want to buy Xbox or any other gaming console which is made in Pakistan? Can you suggest me a shop?

We don’t even manufacture sh*t in Pakistan and these politicians want us to buy local products. Screw Zardari.

get ready to browsing on your cell phone

I want to buy Xbox or any other gaming console which is made in Pakistan? Can you suggest me a shop?

[/quote]

lol…I don’t think we even produce those cheap plastic handheld games…so its just gulli danda for us…

sorry dont know hot to put it on english :P

let me try

"burn Robbers and Dacaits

save Pakistan"

lol…I don’t think we even produce those cheap plastic handheld games…so its just gulli danda for us…

[/quote]

i like this nice one m8

Pakistan is getting worse day by day. Great time to increase duty on Air Conditioners (it should have been done atleast 6 months ago and should have included other luxury Electronics that consume lot of electricity).

i dont think these are luxury items, itz common need for every person..

Yes most of these are common needs. Most of the homes need refrigerators, fans, etc. All this policy is going to do is encourage smuggling, and thus avoid duties. This way smuggling thrives and consumers continue to pay less.

Any books on "Smuggling for dummies"? Might be the only way left now to make a buck in this land.

Is there a tax on laptops?

so i ordered a business report for investment in pakistan from an american website which i happen to be a member of....which gave tips and some industry specific information..

in the area of government,,, it was written that the army likes to take over now and then because of coruption in politicians and disorganization and that this cycle will continue...

the armed forces being the most organized force in pakistan will always be there wwiththeir influence,,

disorganized people will always be defeated again and again and again and......

here's looking forward towards the next government change (which will happen eventually)

jack