5 lacs winning SCAM

HaHa, I received a call this morning on home telephone number from 0547430621. The guy was saying that "Aap PTCL COOMPANY ki taraf se v-wireless ki company se 5 lac ka inaam jeet gae hain, aap ko mubarak ho". He was saying that I have won 5 lacs from PTCL.

Now that's a scam you should be aware of. Anyway for fun I said I don't have a v-wireless number then how come I won it. He repeated the same words again. I said I don't need the money you take it. Then he lost his words and instead of AAP, called me TUM, haha.

I was like all righty I have won, what now, what should I do. He said call us back on this number and I said no thanks, you can keep all the money. I don't need it.

Anyone received such a call? I called the exchange to complain about it, the fellas I know there were not at exchange so this other guy said you know its a scam, no need to complain. :| I wonder what city code is that.

same here check ptcl press releases page...

Once I received the call like this, I have saved his number in my sim contact list..whenever I feel bore I call him,he is fed up of me and says mauf kerdo .. :S ..hopeless makhlok .. :D

i received this sort of call 2 months back.......n i was lucky than u coz he told me i won 10 lac!!!!!!!!then he asked my id card no, name and other info etc...n look at the way of tellin...mubarak ho ji aap ka 10 lac ka inam nikal ahya ha aur sham 5 o clock ap ki ghar geo ki team b ahy gi ap hi prize recive karen gay k koi or family member!!!!!!then he asked me how far is the market frm my house and asked me to went markt and buy 5 mobilink 600rs card and 1 vptcl 500rs card!!!!then i just say a single word and bang the receiver i said "fcuk u"

hhahah same here recieved call on my warid number and he said u won 5 lac rupess call us back i said if u have my 5 lac den u call me back he never called lol

i know how to make life hell for that guy go to orkut and in various adult rooms/ pages quote for a good time call me and post this guys number along with a girls pic lolz every horny toad will be calling him :D

Lol a few dys before eid i saw a guy talking loudly on his fone, saying something like :

"achaa tum ufone say bol raha hay, hamare inaam nikla hay 5 lakh ka, tumhara *** *** ***, *** *** ***"

had to censor some of the stuff ;)

yesterday again i received a call from my ptcl he said " mubarak ho app ka inaam nikla hai ptcl ki taraf se 5 lac ka app apna pata aur ID card number note karwaiye" and you know what i said? "mujhe nai chahiye inaam app is inaam ko gariboon mein taksim kardo" and then he droped the phone

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Lol a few dys before eid i saw a guy talking loudly on his fone, saying something like :

"achaa tum ufone say bol raha hay, hamare inaam nikla hay 5 lakh ka, tumhara *** *** ***, *** *** ***"

had to censor some of the stuff ;)

[/quote]

Man, how satisfying this was…

The said part is,they get the most naive,innocent and trusting people in their trap.

Well this type of scam is new for PTCL but has been in for ages on mobile networks. These bas*ards actually managed to nag many people to fall for it. I personally know a man who received a call from Jazz That he had won some 5 lac prize and to ensure his registration he should send serial numbers of 5 100 rupees jazz cards to the caller's number. And the poor guy fell for it..........

Bye the way I received a similar call and I told the guy to shove his prize where the sun doesn't shine. :P:lol:

its good that you people were sane enough to recognize the scam...im sure a lot of people will fall for it

@ Joker

You are intelligent enough to detect and avoided scam. These days con-artists are inventing all new kind of scams, from winning cars to money in lottery. Innocent people do get trap into their evil plans.

Increase number of scams and victims are due to two reasons; first, lack of relevant agencies action on it. Secondly, economic pressure.

By Pakistani law scams are illegal and punishable by law. Con-artists are using modern technology to fool people but relevant agencies are far behind in technology to take any action on them.

Neither institutes nor telecommunication companies are interested to put a cork on scam genies. I wonder why?

Fe-Aman Allah.

anyone got a solution to restrict these kind of calls? especially for ptcl landline

anyone got a solution to restrict these kind of calls? especially for ptcl landline
[/quote]

AFAIK there is no solution other than you politely say no to these scam calls.

Guys only one sure way to really give these guys a wiff of their own medicine is to post their numbers in orkut's adult communities saying "for a good time call me" along with a hot pic when every tom , dick and harry start calling on that number he will have his hands full saying no seema does not live here! wrong number! etc lolz :D

^ Yup. A perfect solution.

I got myself the same call today

We could do this to scam callers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI&feature=related

:D

Guys only one sure way to really give these guys a wiff of their own medicine is to post their numbers in orkut’s adult communities saying “for a good time call me” along with a hot pic when every tom , dick and harry start calling on that number he will have his hands full saying no seema does not live here! wrong number! etc lolz :D
[/quote]

hahahahaha… lol . Gr8 Idea Yar :D:D:D