Its not about work hours, but efficient working in those hours.
Work hours have already been increased.
Its about a social change which has nothing to do with energy.
Its about taking contribution as member of family, as member of society and not as in-efficient government employee.
- one manages to take his children to hospital,
- buy 'atta' and pay utility bills in a queue,
- get his motorbike / second hand car repaired,
- run after teaching staff of low category schools for supervision of education of his children,
- accompany his wife for shopping,
- reach office and back home in smoky vans in midst of traffic jams (finding electricity off and malaria ridden child on reaching home) are only few of the troubles, solution to which during six working days in the office is any ones guess.
- Why today our film industry in dwindling,
- why sports achievements of 160 million-nation are not noteworthy,
- why private sector is reluctant to invest in amusement parks,
- why our cultural / traditional Melas have vanished,
- why our limited festivals are unexciting,
- why hills resorts have not emerged for a nation of millions over last 60 years,
They say one should not mix business with pleasure, we mix these and end up with nothing.
An overpaid bureaucrat,
- whose children study and travel to high class academic institutions on chuffer driven luxury cars,
- any army of tutors to coach children,
- gets replacements cars if one gets faulty and does not know who and how gets the faulty car repaired,
- guests received by personal assistants and entertained at official guest houses,
- does not know who pays his bills (if at all someone does),
- travels by air to attend social events,
- an army of worker to take care his personal needs
- has evident reasons to question why people need two holidays.
Why should he think of 2 holidays,