5.5-6Mbps on Nayatel

So.. just to share an experience....

Today, I was downloading Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon (yes, I know :D) via torrents from a private tracker. The connection I used was a 1MB Nayatel volume capped corporate connection. Normally, I get speeds of around 150KBps on that connection but today, the speed jumped to 600KBps. I got 1GB down in around 40-45 minutes. Wonderful experience and superb speed. :D

But I still call shens on the crappy volume capped home connections. It's heartening to see the potential of their Optic Fiber network and it saddens me how less they are using it just for fear of losing corporate connections to unlimited home packages, if the latter were introduced. :(

how much u have to pay for capped connection and limit.

It's far higher than a home package due to SLA. Anyway, it is about PKR2500 for 12GB. It doesn't seem to be a permanent boost but rather a temporary one. Speed was already dropping by the time I left.

If they can provide such speeds and their lines can support then why they are not including these speeds as a package? Any business strategy?

They have higher speed packages available too but it is the home packages which are suffering from low speed and capped volume.

No point in getting such high speed if you have a capped connection :s

my bro lives in canada i asked what your's downloading speed he said 768 and i asked about the price he said i am paying $30 or $39 canadian i said to him its very expensive. lol mei samjha 768 kbps his downloading speed is 768 KB/sec then i shut my mouth.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

my bro lives in canada i asked what your’s downloading speed he said 768 and i asked about the price he said i am paying $30 or $39 canadian i said to him its very expensive. lol mei samjha 768 kbps his downloading speed is 768 KB/sec then i shut my mouth.
[/quote]

dont worry bro you will see such speeds in Pakistan in near future , but i have personally experienced 2-5MBps speed and yes its really awesome while downloading at such speed in Pakistan :)

No point in getting such high speed if you have a capped connection :s
[/quote]

Corporate connection with SLA… Businesses are willing to pay more for better service despite it being capped, hence paying double the normal packagae rate and the added limitation of volume caps.

I am getting OLD for this near future stuff.....

dude i got ptcl 512 connection wiv smart tv like 3 months ago, and since that day im getting around 3.5mbps download and around 800k upload

thou sumtyms service is very shitty and i dont get these speeds

but usually when downloading from rapidsahre, or any good http or ftp host, i get around 410k average dl speed

On copper or ONU?

dude i got ptcl 512 connection wiv smart tv like 3 months ago, and since that day im getting around 3.5mbps download and around 800k upload

thou sumtyms service is very shitty and i dont get these speeds

but usually when downloading from rapidsahre, or any good http or ftp host, i get around 410k average dl speed

[/quote]

sell me your connection man :D

Today, I was downloading Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon
[/quote]

with urdu dubbing? :D

^ Nah... Plain old English. Next in line: Pink Panther, Mask, Thundercats, Swat Kats, and so on. :)

On copper or ONU?
[/quote]

on copper

I had a really bad experience with ptcl (toba toba!!!!) so i usually get surprised when people appreciate it...Anyway, not ever in my life i will be switching to PTCL..

^ Nah… Plain old English. Next in line: Pink Panther, Mask, Thundercats, Swat Kats, and so on. :)
[/quote]

lol you are obsessed with animal cartoons :) what about Tom & Jerry and Mickey Mouse

Hi , Some times Torrent Clients

are able to find Local peers , mean if you are using Utorrent and downloading movie 1 at home and an other person seeding same thing at Your local network , The tracker Will Give the local peer address to the Client and you will be download data directly from that Peer and defiantly it will be on maximum speed available because of local network ,

i had tried this method on LAN , with an Iptorrent , torrent .

maybe same thing applied to optics Fiber Network.

So.. just to share an experience....

Today, I was downloading Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon (yes, I know :D) via torrents from a private tracker. The connection I used was a 1MB Nayatel volume capped corporate connection. Normally, I get speeds of around 150KBps on that connection but today, the speed jumped to 600KBps. I got 1GB down in around 40-45 minutes. Wonderful experience and superb speed. :D

But I still call shens on the crappy volume capped home connections. It's heartening to see the potential of their Optic Fiber network and it saddens me how less they are using it just for fear of losing corporate connections to unlimited home packages, if the latter were introduced. :(

[/quote]