5.1 / 7.1 HeadPhones, someone help me out

im looking to buy some high end headphones, true 5.1 or 7.1 or if those arent available here something like the a4tech hd-800 7.1 headphones. anyone using those? are they worth buying?

i would appreciate any opinions or comments. thanks

how are headphones supposed to be 5.1 or 7.1?

arent they always just plain 2?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

how are headphones supposed to be 5.1 or 7.1?

arent they always just plain 2?

[/quote]

i have actually listened to a few audio demos which emulate surround sound but thats in software

i have never heard of surround sound headphones either

No such thing, bub. They can only emulate 7.1 behavior, and its often not very good.

Stereo is perfectly fine. More is not always better!

im looking to buy some high end headphones, true 5.1 or 7.1 or if those arent available here something like the a4tech hd-800 7.1 headphones. anyone using those? are they worth buying?

i would appreciate any opinions or comments. thanks

[/quote]

Any particular reason you’re looking for headphones? Why not go for speakers. A good set of 2.1 speakers are more than enough for most listeners. I have Logitech X-230, highly recommend it and they’re fairly cheap too (got them for around 40 dollars)!

Been using A4Tech's HD-200 headphones. Yes they are not true surround sound. Its emulated through a software/driver but its much better quality than those cheap Chinese stereo head phones I had been using since years. P.S. I can feel the difference between Movies with 2 channel audio and 5.1 or more channels audio in this head phone.

yeah there is one i know, CyberSnipa Sonar 5.1 Headset.

watch this video review here:

http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/products/sonar-5.1-gaming-headset.php

not headphones, but there are media chairs that are 5.1 or something like that. i read abt them at HSW. google's ur friend

HSW=howstuffworks.com

Been using A4Tech’s HD-200 headphones. Yes they are not true surround sound. Its emulated through a software/driver but its much better quality than those cheap Chinese stereo head phones I had been using since years. P.S. I can feel the difference between Movies with 2 channel audio and 5.1 or more channels audio in this head phone.
[/quote]

what about if someone has 5.1 soundcard. Does that affect?

No, mine came as USB, you have to plug it in a USB port. It will install its own driver/sound card. When you plug in the USB head phone, the default will change to USB one and when you un plug it, the default sound card will be chosen again by Windows.

I think there are head phones available which can be plugged into a 5.1 channel sound card. Different inputs, not just one jack but then those are very expensive.

5.1: http://www.vmart.pk/main/razer-barracuda-gaming-headphones-p-693.html

Any particular reason you’re looking for headphones? Why not go for speakers. A good set of 2.1 speakers are more than enough for most listeners. I have Logitech X-230, highly recommend it and they’re fairly cheap too (got them for around 40 dollars)!
[/quote]

it depends on one’s personal preference. I got 4.1 speakers a few months back, then they started acting weird and i started using headphones most of the time.

now i feel comfortable with using my headphones instead of the speakers … watching movie with speakers turned ON doesnt seem much attractive to me anymore. i play all my games with headphones on.

heck, i too am gonna upgrade fromt these cheap stereo headphones to something better. Anything good in the sub-1k PKR range?

BTW, i m really really conscious about my ears, NEVER turn full volume on while watching movies or playing games so that’ll be another reason to upgrade.

i wish i could get sound-quality like my WALKMAN phone’s headsets … although i want quality like that in headphones.

the current headphone SOMIC SM-340 is pretty good and soft on ears but still give slight discomfort after 4,5 hours of use.

at times i get annoyed by the weight/tightness in the first 5-10 mins.

Grado SR-60

or

Senn. PX100

5.1: http://www.vmart.pk/main/razer-barracuda-gaming-headphones-p-693.html
[/quote]

shoot 7K+ too expensive

Grado SR-60 or Senn. PX100
[/quote]

where can i find grado or sennheiser headphones in karachi?

man if any 1 wants nice moderately expensive headphones try creative's HN-700

noise cancelation

nyeodimium magnet

gold plated pins and jacks

i bought them 6 months ago at RS 2000

its ablast, the crunch effect is 2 dye 4 ( at this price )

where can i find grado or sennheiser headphones in karachi?

[/quote]

I wouldn’t know. I don’t think you could find Grado at all, unless you ask some hi-fi retailer to order them. Senn. you still have a chance, at least with the lower models like PX100.

But I don’t know where in Karachi/Pakistan.

bummer!

man if any 1 wants nice moderately expensive headphones try creative’s HN-700

noise cancelation

nyeodimium magnet

gold plated pins and jacks

i bought them 6 months ago at RS 2000

its ablast, the crunch effect is 2 dye 4 ( at this price )

[/quote]

would you mind shedding some light on crunch effecdt