4th Gen Gaming Pc Build

AoA people.

Im going to purchase a gaming pc and im gonna need your kind suggestions and advice for the matter. My budget is around 50k and im looking to go for a 4th Gen PC ( i hope to keep it for about the next 5 years or so). Also i hope to be able to run the games on high or mid-high settings with SOLID fps (preferably in the range of 40 - 60 fps )

For Additional Info , i have a very able and working optical drive and a monitor (max resolution for games is going to be 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 720 ) . I going to run Windows 7 32 bits on it.

All your kind comments , suggestions and assistance are highly appreciated.

At your resolution you donot need anything special.. the cheapest system will play all your games with ease..

what you need is a DAM BIGGER SCREEN WITH HIGHER RESOLUTION...

Ok , thanks. thats really reassuring to hear.

But i am looking for the best possible specs or possible builds/combinations (along with latest prices of-course) within or up to my budget.

so any suggestions are most welcome sir.

P.S : i live in Karachi , where i guess prices differ a bit, so please tell me closest possible(accurate) prices , as i have a v.poor knowledge of the current prices.

You should plan your upgrade by checking components

and prices from home. See what fits your budget and also

meets your requirements.

Two brick-n-mortar shops which also have a strong online

presence are Galaxy , I-Am-Extreme and Czone (etc).

Once you have short-listed a couple of CPUs & Mobos, you

can come back with them and members here, with experience,

can then help you finalize your build.

Good luck.

Sheikh 'Khizar' Chilli

Also,

BUY A DAMN LARGE SCREEN WITH HIGHER RESOLUTION..

also

BUY A DAMN LARGE SCREEN WITH HIGHER REFRESH RATES STARTS FROM 100hz TO 250hz

[quote=“yaxir123, post:, topic:”]

AoA people.

Im going to purchase a gaming pc and im gonna need your kind suggestions and advice for the matter. My budget is around 50k and im looking to go for a 4th Gen PC ( i hope to keep it for about the next 5 years or so). Also i hope to be able to run the games on high or mid-high settings with SOLID fps (preferably in the range of 40 - 60 fps )

For Additional Info , i have a very able and working optical drive and a monitor (max resolution for games is going to be 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 720 ) . I going to run Windows 7 32 bits on it.

All your kind comments , suggestions and assistance are highly appreciated.

[/quote]

In this day & age:

1. Going for 32Bit OS is pointless. When RAM is cheap enough for you to assemble a 64Bit OS system, which will provide additional benefits over 32Bit. All 32Bit programs run in 64 bit operating system, so you have nothing to worry about.

2. I won't recommend sticking to such low resolution, as you'll otherwise need a very fast CPU to avoid bottleneck. CPU bottlenecks become more visible at lower resolution, so either stick with atleast 720p, or go for 900p resolution monitors (19-21 inch monitors will be fine if you prefer, though 1080p monitors are now more common in 22-27" inch displays at affordable prices).

3. I will not recommend using your old hard drive with the new board, especially if its a 2nd generation SATAII hard drive. You won't get optimal speeds and performance out of it. If you have a SATAIII drive, then it shouldn't be a problem.

1. Ok will go for a 64-bit system then. but kindly tell me how much RAM would i need at least. Also , wat other components or optimizations may i need for running a 64-bit OS (win 7) and games smoothly ( 40-60 fps PLUS mid-high settings)

2. I chose low resolutions only to avoid FPS lags , but i guess the CPU bottleneck is a whole different phenomenon...
Care to explain ?

3. No, by optical drive , i meant DVD ROM, i have a HP rm4645. Im planning to buy a very capable hard disk and require your full support in deciding upon that as well.

Guys , check this out :

http://www.alanum.com/component/virtuemart/desktop-systems/4gen-4670-detail.html

kindly guide me on this

[quote=“yaxir123, post:8, topic:20624”]

1. Ok will go for a 64-bit system then. but kindly tell me how much RAM would i need at least. Also , wat other components or optimizations may i need for running a 64-bit OS (win 7) and games smoothly ( 40-60 fps PLUS mid-high settings)

2. I chose low resolutions only to avoid FPS lags , but i guess the CPU bottleneck is a whole different phenomenon...

Care to explain ?

3. No, by optical drive , i meant DVD ROM, i have a HP rm4645. Im planning to buy a very capable hard disk and require your full support in deciding upon that as well.

[/quote]

1. 8GB should be fine for now. Try to get a single 8GB stick (if possible). Later on, grab another 8GB stick for 16Gig dual channel boost. Stock Kingston DDR3-1333 or 1600 would suit you just fine. Don't buy high-performance RAMs, the boost they offer is less than 0.1%. They only help in overclockability.

2. CPU bottleneck happens when your GPU is faster than what the CPU can process. This will result in the fps flatlining at a lower resolution at a certain point. Eg, with a GTX 680 or 7970 at 1024x768, both GPUs will flatline at 100 fps, regardless of whether the GPUs can render a lot more fps or not, due to CPU not being able to process the information fast enough. NOte that different games will behave differently, with some games better optimized for multi-threaded processor providing further improvement. As such, get a quad-core processor at the very least at this time. i5 4570 will suit you fine if you're not an overclocker or don't intend to overclock anytime soon.

3. Seagate if you want better storage/ capacity with good transfer rates. WD if you want lower access times.

8 gb ram and a gtx GPU plus the i5 is gonna easily surpass my budget of 50k.

can you please take a look at this link and guide me:

http://www.alanum.com/component/virtuemart/desktop-systems/4gen-4670-detail.html

Start with 4Gb ram only..@rs 4000... add 4GB latter when you get extra money.. 8GB is sufficient.. no more needed at all for casual gaming..

buy a new 4570 with a decent motherboard. .. if too much, buy a used 3rd generation processor mobo combo... there is no difference speed wise between them.. only smaller 22nm fab and better onchip graphics but that doesnot matter in gaming. a core i5 3rd gen combo should cost only 20-25k depending on specs saving you over 10k..

a GTX 460 is pretty good card for gaming at high resolutions.. if you have buget buy a GTX 560, but if not a 460 should cost around 10-12k in used.. 560 would cost around 15-18k..both cards are great for gaming at buget.. if you are in lahore i can help you get a decent mid range powerful gaming card in used..

hard drive doesnot matter as long as it has no bad sectors.. so you are good to go.. but it should be 7200rpm.. not the crap western digital Green models.. an excellent and fastest for its price hdd is the seagate Dm001 series called 7200.14.. they are super fast nearing 2x speed than wd green and cost same.

[quote=“yaxir123, post:11, topic:20624”]

8 gb ram and a gtx GPU plus the i5 is gonna easily surpass my budget of 50k.

can you please take a look at this link and guide me:

[/quote]

If budget's an issue, I'll suggest going over for Ivy instead of Haswell. Heck, I'd even recommend Sandy Bridge given how much of an overclocker beast that chip truly is over both Ivy Bridge & Haswell. Choice is upto you. If you want a mid-end+ card somewhere along the line of 7790/660, let me know via PM, I might be able to get you one in a price nobody can offer/ beat B)

EDIT: I have 3 options for you. Take your pic

1. MSI 7790

2. EVGA Geforce GTX 460

3. XFX 7750 OC

Let me know if you want to buy any of these. PM me for further details & instructions.

I am planning to buy a pc too..

I already have GPU, but for rest:

Mobo:

--Asus P8H77-V LE LGA 1155 SOCKET-SUPPORT UP TO 32GB DDR3 1600/1333 MHZ
DIMM - H77 CHIPSET- HIGH DEFINITION 8 CHANNEL AUDIO-GIGABIT LAN Rs.14000

--GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 SOCKET-SUPPORT UP TO 32GB DDR3 1600/1333 MHZ
DIMM-B75CHIPSET-DVI,VGA,HDMI-HD 7.1 CHANNEL AUDIO-GIGABIT LAN Rs.7800

--GIGABYTE GA-H77-D3H LGA 1155 SOCKET-SUPPORT UP TO 32GB DDR3 1600/1333 MHZ
DIMM-H77CHIPSET-DVI,VGA,HDMI-HD 7.1 CHANNEL AUDIO-GIGABIT LAN Rs.10800

Processor:
Intel Core i3 4130 4TH GEN. 3.4GHZ 3MB CACHE Rs.13500
Intel Core i5 4430 4TH GEN. 3.0GHZ 6MB CACHE MAX TURBO FREQUENCY 3.3GHZ Rs.21000

HDD:
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHE CAVIAR GREEN Rs.7600

RAM:
Kingston 4GB 1600 BUS DDR 3 Rs.4300

Chasis:
Cooler Master CM Elite 335U WITH 450 WATT COOLER MASTER POWER SUPPLY Rs.8500

PSU:
Cooler Master Extreme II 625 WATT POWER SUPPLY Rs.6600

Hey Guys , This is the build Al-Anum (KArachi) are selling for around 51k . Is is worth it?

cpu CORE i5-4670 3.40GHZ 6MB LGA1150 Haswell

mobo Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2

Ram 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz ( manufacturer not mentioned )

HDD 1TB Hard Drive Sata 7200 RPM ( manufacturer not mentioned )

PSU 450w Supply ( manufacturer not mentioned )

1GB Dedicated, Dual Link DVI-I, D-sub (VGA), Gold Plated HDMI, 1600MHz (must be onboard Graphics)

^ this build has an expensive casing, unnecessary higher clock CPU, (4570 is 2k cheaper and doesnot change any performance).. and lower powered PSU + unbranded and only onboard intel vga.. so no GPU.. and the mobo is the smallest cheapest lowest end model in the entire series... it would be much much better to buy a used processor mobo combo and buy only 4GB ram with a 1000rs casing and a 600W cooler master PSU... your buget should roughly end with upto 20-25k for board proc... instead of 22k for process and 8k for board.. you can easily save 10k here which you can spend on GPU and elsewhere.

summary..

buy a used proc+mobo combo plus a used GTX GPU and cheapest casing.... buy new ram, PSU and HDD.(if needed)

jDK Shouldn't power consumption be a concern when overclocking Sandy Bridge? Any personal experience about how overclocking sandy bridge compares to ivy bridge and haswell?

[quote=“hawker, post:17, topic:20624”]

jDK Shouldn't power consumption be a concern when overclocking Sandy Bridge? Any personal experience about how overclocking sandy bridge compares to ivy bridge and haswell?

[/quote]

It wont be in the least bit, when the system's being power by a high quality 80-Plus certified PSU. I'm using a 1st generation i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz, which is alot more power hungry than all the latter generation processors. However, I have no problems whatsoever with everything hooked up on my Corsair VX550 PSU, which provides me 41 Amps on a single 12V rail and is dead silent. I'm running 6 120mm fans, 2 HDDs, GTX 760, DVD/Rw, Wifi, Sound card, and some extra USB accessories (Around 5 USB ports are being used at all times, drawing power). Even with all that stuff hooked, my CPU breaks no sweat when pushed to its limits, and even the GPU auto-boosts from 980 to 1110 Mhz clock speeds, without my intervention whatsoever. That's what I really liked about this new 7 series. It automatically boosts your clocks when it feels there's room for pushing it.

Remember, its not always about higher wattage, but rather quality components that are used within the power supply. Most people overlook this rather extremely important component, when the entire system's functionality rests upon its shoulders.

EDIT: Sandy Bridge is the most overclockable chip out of all the Core micro-processors. Haswell, the 4th gen processor is the least bit overclockable, and produces the most heat.

What is total power consumption of your overclocked setup when gaming? Your UPS must give you an idea. It is hard to believe review sites these days. Blatant lies and misrepresentations. Moreover, our utility supply is ~220 v while that in US is I guess ~130v.

^ Power consumption remains same whether its 110 V or 220V.. Amperes change accordingly to ensure that Watts are the same.

a Modern PC shoudnt consume more than 250-300w Watts when idle.. and may go upto 500W when gaming... that mostly depends on the GPU... ATI GPUS are the BEST at power saving..and also excellent in gaming performance as well..

Having Multiple HDDs and CDroms also has a lot of effect on power.. but the figure usually hovers between 200-500W...