4mb ptcl dsl connection and still pathetic video streaming.?

hi, i have a 4mb ptcl dsl connection and still i get very slow video streaming from every video website (youtube, facebook videos, zshare etc) itried different sites cuz i thought may be youtube is overloaded or something but i get slow buffering on every single video site...and even video calls on skype are very bad the calls keep disconnecting and the quality of footage is very bad, i can hardly see who i am talking to...downloading torrents and other files initially was pretty impressive but since 2weeks even downloading is suffering i can hardly get above 80Kbps (where as i used to get 300Kbps or more initially)...the internet light on the modem stops blinking and becomes red every once in a while (no specific timings though)

i am posting my stats please someone tellme what could be wrong here. my modem is AN1020-16T

4ru6go.jpg

yea same here man it has been very slow the whole month. i have same modem with red light on internet but it is still working.

for streaming problem download bywifi video accelerator. i don't know what it does but works wonder.

why my adsl stats are very weird lately. 0 attentuation ? really

inr69e.jpg

i have tried using biwifi accelerator on vista but no improvement...atleast i cudnt notice any change in video streaming also tried speedbit accelerator but again no improvemnet in vista however xp shows improved loading tym with speedbit.

Same here brother I am taking a distance learning course for the past few months and I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you all and this has been prevalent since the submarine cable cut took place back at the end of April this year. Their service has been a big bag since then sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.And their customer service is one of the worst on the face of this earth nothing but scumbags!

Same here brother I am taking a distance learning course for the past few months and I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you all and this has been prevalent since the submarine cable cut took place back at the end of April this year. Their service has been a big bag since then sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.And their customer service is one of the worst on the face of this earth nothing but scumbags!

so is there any solution for it? i mean there must be some settings or values that can be changed...i am no expert on dsl or networkng but i think things can be sorted out, cuz i have ptcl dsl only since august of this year and at the start of connection i dint face this problem, was getting good video streaming speeds..i saw ptcl's official representative on this forum...firecruz i guess...cant he help us?

I do not know who can help us in this regard but their services are worsening with every passing day and there is no one to question them because they have the monopoly in the market, PTCL can call the shots! It is utterly distressing the problem that we users are suffering from ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

Pathetic Video streaming in 8mb :) wat to do ?:s i have no other alternative here in hyderabad ...

Same here friend nothing streams right whether it is youtube or my distance learning lectures!

Same here friend nothing streams right whether it is youtube or my distance learning lectures!

download mutli-streaming agent like ....speedbit video acceleartor or EZVAD (currently using it)

but firecruz, the whole point it that ptcl customers should not be facing this issue ... considering i have a 4mb connection...whats the point of having 4mb if i still need to download an accelerator, i could have saved my money and chosen 1mb and then use these accelerators.....plus these accelerators can only speed up on selected websites and that aslo only videos...and in my case i am experiencing slow downloading as well.

if ur also haveing slow speed (downloading) then ur case is not the one! plus the problem here is that your browser normally downloads using single stream which actually utube people also want! e.g. single stream limited at 50kb/s! and flash players is just an active x control which have no multi steaming property! so the only solution is to get 3rd party mutlistream to achieve more speeds! you can also test it by just downloading the video using IDM and it would download in lesser time than the video playing time! so it shows some limits from server side which is bypassed using these softwares!

ok so i get your point about slow streaming, but what should i do about slow downloading (i use idm for my downlaods) and also problem with skype video calls...the quality of calls is not good...can hardly see the face. and then the frequent disconnections (internet light going off)

and i just checked for ezvad...i guess they have stopped updating it last update was in 2008, and already using speedbit but it doesnt do any acclerating in vista

naaaa....slow is another thing but y internet light goes off? u gota check ur line stats! skype videos doesnt works well on 1mbps as ur upload is only 256kb and ur are not able to send data properly!....anyways first check ur line!

btw is going to launch a speedtest service of its own! which will rock! for trial purposes now!

@firecruz

war version of ezvad r u using and on which OS?

my 4mbps package is streaming awesomely.....whether its any of the streaming sites...and on DU meter, on torrents i get around 4.8-5.3Mbps..and downloading somewht aroud 670kBps.

heres a result:

51mbps.png

ptcl sucks bigtime

my phone was dead for 15days during strike. and on 8 sep when it got fixed i started facing problems which i wasnt experiencing before. i have a 4mb connection. all stats are good noise margin attainable rate attenuation etc i USED to get 460KBps stable on torrents and 500 and above KBps on idm.

but for the last few days browsing is very poor.i get low speeds on torrents tried every gud torrent ,idm is still working fine speed wise but if download a larger file even of 300mb it looses connections and stops downloading then i have to pause and resume it to again get connected

youtube stops after 1or 2mins then i have to refresh the page to stream the same video again and repeat the process after every 1 or 2mins to watch any video.

i used to play l4d2 online without a prob even when downloading but now i can play only for 3mins max . eventhough my ping is still same as it used to be but it keeps getting disconnected from servers.

called 1218 many times those idiots keep on saying that every thing is fine. delete cookies ,or evn change windows.

i have connected two pcs with the dsl have same problem on both.

does any one know what can be the problm or is it ptcls service problem coz i knw some exchanges were trashed by workers during strike and most of them are still not operational.

previously i had 1mb connection which i used for 1year and there was not even a single problem during the entire year

I'm facing similar on copper line, Youtube has to be refreshed at-least 4-5 times before it loads.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I’m facing similar on copper line, Youtube has to be refreshed at-least 4-5 times before it loads.
[/quote]

For sure it’s PTCL’s problem, I’m on copper wire too but youtube works smooth :)