3M dark-tint sheets for car windows - available locally?

I'm wondering about this as they are available all over the Middle East, just makes sense for them to be available here as well. Does anyone have any information? Any experience with these sheets? Are they significantly different from the other cheaper options?

Tinting windows seems like illegal in Pakistan due to some security risks. "Talibans" can *uck you with tinted windows even though they come to the spot utilizing some other means like ''embassies''. But indeed it's a risk to allow tinting. Politicians, bureaucrats and establishment can tint their cars because they are ''superior'' to ''laws''.

Have you tried contacting the company? Here are their contact details:

3M Pakistan (Pvt) Limited +92-21-111225536

Islamic Chamber of Commerce Building, ST-2/A, Blk-9 KDA Scheme 5, Clifton, Karachi.

You could also visit the Plaza area if you are located in Karachi.

tinting is stupid, anyways tinting two bit junk cars in pakistan who one is trying to impress, corolla and civics are defined as cheap low end compact cars and ya gonna tint that to impress someone as if ya got mercedez limo hahahahaha,

most of all what the f-uck with tinting mehran and alto.i love these guys when they get pulled over by desi police then they beg the police to let them go with 100 and up rupees, if driving mehran or alto so its obvious you ain't got power then why tint your mehran man.......

[quote=“dark-man, post:, topic:”]

I’m wondering about this as they are available all over the Middle East, just makes sense for them to be available here as well. Does anyone have any information? Any experience with these sheets? Are they significantly different from the other cheaper options?

[/quote]

As far as I know, tinting or coloring dark/black glass windows of a car is illegal. Police can fine you and probably force you to remove it at the spot. Having said that, corruption and laziness make this law ineffective in most parts of country. However, in sensitive areas of large urban cities like Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, and especially Islamabad has stricter implementation of this law.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:4, topic:16325”]

tinting is stupid, anyways tinting two bit junk cars in pakistan who one is trying to impress, corolla and civics are defined as cheap low end compact cars and ya gonna tint that to impress someone as if ya got mercedez limo hahahahaha,

most of all what the f-uck with tinting mehran and alto.i love these guys when they get pulled over by desi police then they beg the police to let them go with 100 and up rupees, if driving mehran or alto so its obvious you ain’t got power then why tint your mehran man…

[/quote]

i love it how you keep adding to the beauty of the forum by continuously posting such useless useful posts… :)

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:6, topic:16325”]

useless useful posts… :)
[/quote]

it takes a bigger man to find his mistake and even biggest man to correct it out…

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:7, topic:16325”]

it takes a bigger man to find his mistake and even biggest man to correct it out…

[/quote]

once again , you amaze me … :)

Yeah I understand its illegal but I am not looking to go beyond a certain tint-factor. I am looking for a very light tint which is only slightly darker than stock glass windows but still quite see-through. I am certainly not looking for a black-out, but thank you for some very enlightening replies.

By the way, my current car has factory-fitted slightly dark tinted glass and I have never been stopped by any police in Karachi. Similarly, my car in Islamabad has TOTALLY blacked-out rear windows, again facotry installed, and have never been stopped by the police, despite the presence of security checkpoints every few km. That said, in Karachi you see cars with totally dark windows all the time, I guess its more of a hit-or-miss with the local police.

Yes I have already contacted 3M directly and am waiting for their response but I was hoping for some first-hand opinions. It is very easy for me to just purchase the film from Dubai but I was wondering if there may be some special installation procedure which the local installers may not be aware of. I would also need to know exactly how much I would need to cover the windows and rear windscreen.