3G will affect the speed of ISPs?

For example I am using Wateen, after this 3G launch will my Wateen speed also improves or this 3G is "purely" for mobile networks?

3G is for mobile phone...Wateen is using its own internet and using Wimax technology..

Sent from my SC-03D using Tapatalk 4

If your question is will 3g effect the speed of ground dsl connections The answer is BIG FAT NO however it will reduce dsl market

[quote=", post:3, topic:21016"]

If your question is will 3g effect the speed of ground dsl connections The answer is BIG FAT NO however it will reduce dsl market

[/quote]

If it is BIG FAT NO then how will it affect the DSL market? because DSL is also ground connection?

Why I was asking this question because as PTCL is offering Evo Cloud device, now after this 3G other companies like Wateen, Wi-Tribe and others can get internet from Zong or others and launch similar devices that will use 3G.

Maybe I am totally wrong but it is what I thought :)

Lite Internet users those who use it mainly for email photos browsing and never cross over 5 to 10gb in month will move to 3G/4G just turn on Hotspot in mobile connect with pc go online , if data packages will be cheaper than dsl monthly bill,

3G will surely get cheaper quickly because there will be competition with each 5 companies whereas ptcl is the only one

Witribe wateen running on wimax technology open the Wikipedia and read about

2G

WCDMA

3G

WIMAX

4G LTE

ADSL

I think Mobile Network Operators should allowed to offer Internet services in the form of devices and USB like PTCL is doing.

[quote=“www.madad.pk, post:6, topic:21016”]

I think Mobile Network Operators should allowed to offer Internet services in the form of devices and USB like PTCL is doing.

[/quote]

Let the 4G come and you will get 3G modems routers everything

They are allowed. That’s why they invested hefty amount.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

That's why they are saying "step into a new future" because with this new 3G and 4G technology our life will change.

Ptcl game is getting over SOON

[quote=“jani, post:9, topic:21016”]

That's why they are saying "step into a new future" because with this new 3G and 4G technology our life will change.

[/quote]

You will be free from Home WIFI and this PTCL

a general question to everybody..pertaining to wired connections

do you guys think that the reliability and affordability of a wired connection could ever be diminished? ofcourse we spend majority of our time in offices or home.. where in home mostly wifi is used due to consistent high speed without drop of signal and speed in the whole house, as well as offices where same purpose is achieved with even more speeds for office use..

move the Evo device from one town to another and the speeds die. most of the time their speeds are as low as 10kbps.. the speeds rise and fall anytime due to interferences.

indeed we can have vvideo chats anytime outside of home and offices, but where would that place be? markets? phone will be snatched / fall off hands or we will bump into other people or trip while walking.. or driving which is serious risk at any time..

why is it that some people would believe that this will have impact on a fixed wired connection? offices and homes canot be run on such unreliable low speed 3G speeds. . that is the 95+% of DSL users.

any positive or negative feedback will be appreciated for sake of healthy discussion.

Wireless links will always have interference, congestion and QOS issues. They can be minimized if the links are well-engineered but good engineering has its associated costs. Unless the packages are priced to compete with normal DSL connections, I don't see widespread uptake of 3G except from those who have trouble with their current connection (or don't have a connection due to coverage issues).

It will need time to mature. Just look at PTCL's EVO and associated variants and the wide speed/service variations.

Farhan ptcl evo is another case. They are running that on local loop license. That's why they are bound to that specific region. You can say that a fake 3g. Can't compare that with 3G.

On a side note zong also got local loop licences for all 14 regions (but that’s chalanged in court). So they are real competitor of PTCL.

You are right for wired connections that they are more reliable than wireless.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Only i know PTCL and the rest of the ISP's would have to decrease their packages fees. We have currently seen that PTCL have upgraded its speed at the lower end like 4mbps for its users. Alternatively other would do the same to live in the market where people are moving forward to andriod phone and they would have maximum speed over their mobiles to use internet.