3G in Pakistan

Salaam to All !

A few months back i heard on the forums that Telenor will start 3G services in August but they didn't. So anyone has any infos regarding Telenor 3G plz post.Thanksss

same 3G ............................

which not coming anywhere in pakistan

Ya I also heard

But I think PTA has'nt given permission yet...

will be launched in Oct. or Nov.

it cannot be luanched until Pta gives permission which is not yet given.

PTA gives permission but these cellular services don't want to start because they think market is not yet ready.

First let them give full speed of GPRS/EDG than ask for 3G becuase speed will be same slow as GPRS/EDGE has

whats the standard speed of downloading on 3G ?

^^

usual speed depends upon network

maximum speed depends on handset...

huh !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

huh !
[/quote]

maximum speed is 29-30 KB/s (haina?) and lowest speed depends on your service provider

whats the standard speed of downloading on 3G ?
[/quote]

IIRC, maximum is 384kbps.

^ Isn't the theoratical/proposed stationary speed upto 2Mbps?

i have used 3G in Saudia on MOBILY network , and i got downloading speed of 180 to 200 kb per second , it was an amazing experience . i wish 3g come to pakistan soon . I have read on pta site that they are gonna give license to 3 operators in november or december , and the 3g will be started by the start or mid of the next year . It cant be started this year.

i have used 3G in Saudia on MOBILY network , and i got downloading speed of 180 to 200 kb per second , it was an amazing experience . i wish 3g come to pakistan soon . I have read on pta site that they are gonna give license to 3 operators in november or december , and the 3g will be started by the start or mid of the next year . It cant be started this year.
[/quote]

Is this kb or KB? if kb than not too good speed beacuase edge can provide if operator do so

it is KB

i download 1 mb file on it and it took only 5 to 6 seconds

i download 1 mb file on it and it took only 5 to 6 seconds
[/quote]

WOW, what cost to pay for 3G there

i was having unlimited internet plan for 500 riyal per month

i was having unlimited internet plan for 500 riyal per month
[/quote]

Too costly man if convert in Pak Ruppes which convert to 10,000/- at Rs. 20 converstion rate. converstaion rate may be vary.

yeah it is , but dnt convert it in rupee .they were giving unlimited gprs plan , unlimited sms plan , unlimited multiplaying games on 3G , and unlimited free calls for 500 riyals. and i think thats not a costy deal