3G EVO PTCL + Ufone has arrived

I just saw this ad in express.com.pk:

Looking forward to the device specifications and if the said can be used on the current high-end smart phones in Pakistan (I suspect not since they seem to have made a built-in CDMA modem along with GSM, which I doubt is the case with most of the phones).

This smart phone is especially designed to run PTCL EVO UIM Card and Ufone SIM Card simultaneously. Internet will run on EVO network (EV DO) and telephony through Ufone's. This is the first time, 3G service is upgraded by some Pakistani company to make it work on a cell phone but only for Internet.

They had to screw it up with a non-Android phone. What's the use of 3G when you can't even browse the internet with it or have apps to utilize it?

its a smart move by ufone... i wish the phone was android powered... i would buy it at once...

no skype ?

So can i tether it to my laptop and use it? And will normal EVO recharge cards work with it?

Gr8 innovation from ufone, they certainly deserves appreciation for this.

We shall look forward to more such moves untill cellular 3G is officially launched in Pakistan

Like use of wimax service by other network providers :rolleyes:

ya sure

I saw somewhere that they were giving this handset in a quiz , i think.

ISLAMABAD - Ufone, the leader in innovation, recently launched a mobile handset by the name of ‘Uth Futura’. Once again Ufone has proven to be a pioneer in presenting the latest technology to the Pakistani market, says a press release issued here on Thursday.

With the introduction of ‘uth Futura’, Ufone has presented a plethora of online opportunities for customers in partnership with PTCL. This unique handset has the ability to replace cutting edge technology with its unique features and hi speed internet.

Uth Futura is a dual mode GSM+EVDO handset which gives the user lightning fast 3G internet speed of up to 3.1Mbps and the ability to make calls, socialize and stream online videos. The high speed internet is in collaboration with PTCL EVO, the handset has inbuilt data services which will use the same network as any PTCL EVO user in the country.

I hope its 3 mb bot 300kbps :D

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:9, topic:14617”]

I saw somewhere that they were giving this handset in a quiz , i think.

[/quote]

on the ufone facebook page…

Futuristic its not indeed. Ironic name Ufone Uth Futura. Where rest of the world is moving towards 4G ufone believe EV DO is futuristic.

However impressed how Ufone launched 3G in form of EV DO without buying a 3G license of something. Hopefully this will urge other Cellular providers to come up with 3G at last. Congratulations guys, we do have some development at last.

Lets lock all the 'WHEN IS 3G HERE?!?' threads now :D

Lols! This is so funny, today i got message from ufone, about Futura, monthly charges were 6,999only which is other than the price of set. lols!

Why wouldn't i buy a new set every month if had to use this service. :)

I agree. A non android phone is a bummer really. The only use i can think of for it is a portable evo modem. Otherwise there is not much you can do on the phone itself.

can anyone answer please...

does this mobile support skype ????

[quote=“Mumtaz, post:15, topic:14617”]

can anyone answer please…

does this mobile support skype ???

[/quote]

Techanically there should be no problem and in the Ad i hav seen Skype icon somewhere

[quote=“Mumtaz, post:15, topic:14617”]

can anyone answer please…

does this mobile support skype ???

[/quote]

I think only Skype java application would work. That one only supports chatting and not voice calling.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:13, topic:14617”]

Lols! This is so funny, today i got message from ufone, about Futura, monthly charges were 6,999only which is other than the price of set. lols!

Why wouldn’t i buy a new set every month if had to use this service. :)

[/quote]

monthly charges are PKR 2000/- for unlimited data plan i think… enit ? :rolleyes:

[quote=“Mumtaz, post:18, topic:14617”]

monthly charges are PKR 2000/- for unlimited data plan i think… enit ? :rolleyes:

[/quote]

yup and there’s an hourly package too for EVO…25Rs./Hr…

this is a very good product,please tell me we used it in computer.what rate about 1 month used internet in this product .