3g and 4g package cost

Asalaam o Alaikum

guys what's 3g and 4g package and SIM price?

3G/4G packages haven't been announced yet by any mobile network.

And you don't need to replace the SIM to use 3G network, your current SIM will work just fine.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:2, topic:21031”]

3G/4G packages haven't been announced yet by any mobile network.

And you don't need to replace the SIM to use 3G network, your current SIM will work just fine.

[/quote]

thanks

but what's expecting price ?

Ufone 3G Packages Get Leaked Ahead of Launch

Ufone_3G_Logo.jpg

Much anticipated 3G packages from Ufone have made it the internet.

However the confusing part is that there are three version such 3G packages available on the internet at various forums/blogs. All of these versions are claimed to be legitimate ones and interestingly all three versions of Ufone 3G packages hit the market at the same time.

Our hunch is that segments and pricing department might had proposed these three versions to the management, out of which one might get finalized, if it has to. But this is mere speculation.

One of these allegedly Ufone 3G packages, or any other 3G package, will be applicable after the commercial launch of 3G service.

Let’s have a look at what leaked Ufone’s 3G packages look like:

Version 1:

All 3G packages from Ufone are bundled with three different speeds, and named as U High that offers 256Kbps, U Supersonic that comes with 512 Kbps and U Hyper Sonic which has 1Mbps speeds.

Details of Ufone 3G Packages are:

• U High Speed 256 KBPS
    • Daily 40 MB Price: Rs. 10
    • Half Day 50 MB Price: RS 5
    • Weekly 250 MB Price: Rs 50
    • Monthly 1 GB Price: RS. 200
    • Monthly 3 GB Price: RS 500
  • U SuperSonic 512 KBPS
    • Weekly 250 MB Price: Rs 75
    • Monthly 1 GB Price: RS 400
    • Monthly 1.5 GB Price: RS 750
  • U HyperSonic 1 MBPS
    • Weekly 250 MB : 100 Rs
    • Monthly 1 GB: RS 500
    • Monthly 1.5 GB: RS 700
    • Monthly 3 GB: RS 1200

Version 2:

According to version 2, U High will offers 64Kbps, U Supersonic will offer 128Kbps of speed and and U Hyper Sonic will bring you 512Kbps speeds.

• U High Speed 64 KBPS
    • Daily 40 MB Price: Rs. 10
    • Half Day 50 MB Price: RS 3
    • Weekly 250 MB Price: Rs 25
    • Monthly 1 GB Price: RS. 100
    • Monthly 1.5 GB Price: RS. 150
    • Monthly 3 GB Price: RS 300
  • U SuperSonic 128 KBPS
    • Weekly 250 MB Price: Rs 50
    • Monthly 1 GB Price: RS 150
    • Monthly 1.5 GB Price: RS 200
    • Monthly 3 GB Price: Rs. 350
  • U HyperSonic 512Kbps
    • Weekly 250 MB : Rs. 70
    • Monthly 1 GB: RS 200
    • Monthly 1.5 GB: RS 300
    • Monthly 3 GB: RS 500

Version 3:

According to version 3, U High will offers 512Kbps, U Supersonic will offer 1mbps of speed and and U Hyper Sonic will bring you 2Mbps speeds.

• U High Speed 512 KBPS
    • Daily 40 MB Price: Rs. 100
    • Half Day 50 MB Price: RS 120
    • Weekly 250 MB Price: Rs 250
    • Monthly 1 GB Price: RS. 500
    • Monthly 1.5 GB Price: RS. 700
    • Monthly 3 GB Price: RS 1000

• U SuperSonic 1Mbps
    • Weekly 250 MB Price: Rs 350
    • Monthly 1 GB Price: RS 700
    • Monthly 1.5 GB Price: RS 1000
    • Monthly 3 GB Price: Rs. 1750

• U HyperSonic 2 MBPS
    • Weekly 250 MB : Rs. 500
    • Monthly 1 GB: RS 750
    • Monthly 1.5 GB: RS 1500
    • Monthly 3 GB: RS 3000

Do share your feedback on all three versions of Ufone 3G Packages in the comments.

Check below various screens of alleged Ufone 3G Packages:
Scr000020.jpgScr000021.jpgScr000024.jpg
Scr000025.jpgScr000026.jpg

So its exactly how I imagined it to be....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeing offered bandwidth/caps and their respective prices I would say f*** 3G, f*** 4G, f*** these telcos and PK khappy (punjabi wala) <_<

Its gonna be at least 2 to 3 more years before a common person carrying a 4G or 5G capable handheld device could avail these 3rd and 4th generation telco services without the fear of his or her ass getting rapped :lol:

This is not fair about CAPS .... its was better if not to bring 3G / 4G in Pakistan :(

That's just ufone. Everyone is not going to give the same kinds of packages.

I'm assuming Zong and Mobilink are going to give good packages. Telenor shouldn't be too bad either.

I just checked the data usage on my phone and it says I used 3GB last month using Wateen Wimax, so if I go with the cheapest package of 3GB it is 1000 Rupees per month - I wouldn't pay 1000 Rupees only for mobile internet.

Thanks but no thanks Ufone :P

prices will fall down after a few months due to extremely low adoption rate.. you need to have atleast a 20k+ phone to decently use its camera for video calling .. and atleast 3-4 years to make people afford such phones with good cams and features at low prices.. and further a decade to educate people that video calling, badoo and face time is not the sole purpose of life..

"Video calling banned in Pakistan - IT ministry shocked to learn of people abusing the video call service and using it for immoral purposes".

I can already see this headline from the near future.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:9, topic:21031”]

prices will fall down after a few months due to extremely low adoption rate.. you need to have atleast a 20k+ phone to decently use its camera for video calling .. and atleast 3-4 years to make people afford such phones with good cams and features at low prices.. and further a decade to educate people that video calling, badoo and face time is not the sole purpose of life..

[/quote]

Oh yaar 4g capable phone ab har dosary churay ke pass hai. prices of cellphones are not the issue here. if anything we have numerous cheap-ass brands like Qmobile which lets you enjoy same capabilities as one would get from S4 or iPhone etc in cheap prices even if that Qmobile is only going last for 6 months... cause you know Samsung also updates the number of its S every six months right .... and people buy it even if that update cost 80k or more... now we are at S4 right?

[quote=“executionist, post:10, topic:21031”]

"Video calling banned in Pakistan - IT ministry shocked to learn of people abusing the video call service and using it for immoral purposes".

I can already see this headline from the near future.

[/quote]

Correct ... but then again ... ye awan bhi to nahi talti na... :D

so u ended up at 3GB lolz

i was expecting 10GB least package and up to/ near 100GB biggest package

its like giving Lamborghini Aventador to someone with the route of just only 3 kilometer

**U(#*()#(*%()* )(*&*($#&)(* *(#&#(*)7 (#&*(*#H(*#*&$%( Pakistan

All information is fake ,today i have been using this 3G service on my phone ,Maximum speed i was able to hit was 6.50 Mbps , n i consumed my 500 Mb Limit with in no time ,then they drop my speed at 256kbps , Its free till then 10 May 2014

I agree with Faisal on this. Phones aren't an issue anymore. Most of the youth have phones capable of 3G. They also are very well aware of video calling and the things Farhan mentioned...

Anyways, 3G is not a replacement for your Wifi. It is an add-on. Even in foreign countries 3G isn't that cheap and thus most android apps tell you to turn off or lower down internet related services while on 3G to keep costs to a minimum.

Use 3G on the road and outside, and use Wifi at home and office. This is the ideal way to use 3G.

I can show you data packages of 100GB in 3k pkr?

Aiween itna shor machaya huaa thaa ? Ab Karo na use 3G :lol:

Sent From Nexus 5

@ both faisal and upsilon..

and that youth amounts to? how much % of our 20 carore people? probably fractions.. and how many of that youth is able to have a salary of above 60k? where they can afford a 20k + phone and a data plan of 3G costing this much? further smaller fraction..and those slackers enjoying all their rich parent money for free? a futher fraction of a fraction..

telecom companies canot invest billions for a few hundered thousand.. this is not how the operating profits generate.. there used to be time when a SIM used to cost 4k and call was 15rs per minute..now SIM is 25rs with balance, and call is 0.85rs/min.. only when adoption is high then the profits starts to emerge.

phone prices are still too high for a decent spec phone.. majority of our population earns roughly around 20-30k max with 3-4 children and ever increasing bills and inflation.. for them a 20k phone per child, let alone a 50k good feature phone is just a dream/problem.

i have a decent phone i am using from 2 years and dont plan to change that even though i can but expenses donot allow that..my salary is decent per my needs Alhamdulilah but the burden of chaning phone is just beyond me..for mass adoption, phone prices with good cams need to drop below the 12-15k range.. hopefully China is gona strike with Xaiomi, Elfi, One plus, zoppo etc bringing quality specs at much more affordable price

do you think it is a coincidence that a chines company having flop business till yet in telecom in pakistan had to win the 4G licence? its a long term plan.. expect them to offer low to mid end contract chinese phones with their own data packages soon at much lower prices than galaxys and HTCs and Sony.. with all the latest rich features at affordable price... only then will 3G become attractive option..

till then the few hundred thousands are not gonna make 3G soar..

^ Your problem is that you apply everything to yourself. You don't look at the big picture, but only a fraction of it and base your opinion on that.

Phones with good feature sets used to be very expensive for the average people until a few years ago, but lately with the arrival and mass adoption of Chinese android phones, it isn't a problem anymore. My second-last phone Qmobile A51 costed 12,500k and was 3G capable and i used 3G on it in my India trip around that time.

A 13k phone isn't all that much expensive in this day. And that's not even the cheapest option. Gfive and other lower-class Chinese 3G capable phones are available in 10k and under.

So you see, in the end it all comes down to the actual 3G service. 3G isn't a new tech anymore, Pakistanis have been waiting for it for years now. Most people in urban areas are ready to use the tech.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is not gonna jump on it right now. The packages are going to seem too expensive to most people. But it won't be long before 3G becomes a norm.

Did anyone other than Zong get 4G licence?