3 DTH services going to start in Pakistan

PEMRA Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority to issue 3 licences to start 3 DTH services in Pakistan

Applications has been requested from interested companies

very good news but bad news at the same time , good news for Pakistan People as they will now get rid of Local Cable wala System but bad news is local cable wala system is spread out it in whole pakistan i can see lot of jobs going to be over and business gonna collapse , sadness but this is what happens by time new technology comes in.

Though DTH is very old But as usual in Pakistan we get things very late , i think all telecom players will do their best to get these DTH licenses coz this going to bi big revenue stream for them just like 3G/4G and also every telecom has footprints in whole pakistan so they would not be having any issues for selling these DTH Products .. so lets wait and watch..

indian channel will not telecast frm dth becaz all indian channel in banned in pakistan cable wala showing these channel becaz kio pochany wala nai hai..

dth k liye yah big issue rehga..dekhty hai kiya hota hai

One way DTH can be successful if they bring western movies and tv shows in local languages

[quote=“DJNOMI, post:2, topic:22243”]

very good news but bad news at the same time , good news for Pakistan People as they will now get rid of Local Cable wala System but bad news is local cable wala system is spread out it in whole pakistan i can see lot of jobs going to be over and business gonna collapse , sadness but this is what happens by time new technology comes in.

Though DTH is very old But as usual in Pakistan we get things very late , i think all telecom players will do their best to get these DTH licenses coz this going to bi big revenue stream for them just like 3G/4G and also every telecom has footprints in whole pakistan so they would not be having any issues for selling these DTH Products … so lets wait and watch…

[/quote]

Another bad news, there will be a massive crackdown on Indian DTH,s and we will loose cheap entertainment

1e40b70642d727d4fb9edd389ad89a178a310fa7

[quote=“Aleena, post:5, topic:22243”]

Another bad news, there will be a massive crackdown on Indian DTH,s and we will loose cheap entertainment

[/quote]

i dont thinks so how they goona crack indian DTH until and unless they start offering Indian channels on Pakistani DTH , people are already watching Indian DTH In homes and they will remain same …

^ i just read this post, and it was already liked by me :(

[quote="farhan_ds, post:8, topic:22243"]

^ i just read this post, and it was already liked by me :(

[/quote]

TThis Forum is haunted :o

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:22243”]

TThis Forum is haunted :o

[/quote]

so where is shaggy and scooby-doo :P

[quote=“MrKamran, post:10, topic:22243”]

so where is shaggy and scooby-doo :P

[/quote]

In the mystery machine, trying to solve the mystery of the Adams Family.

I keep calling their number, but Ufone’s signals are crap where they currently are, so…

Is it going to be much expensive than local cable stuff ? If so then no change it spreads a lot

[quote=“EngineBlock, post:12, topic:22243”]

Is it going to be much expensive than local cable stuff ? If so then no change it spreads a lot

[/quote]

if it is expensive, then there will be competition just like our telecom companies.

but it will be interesting if some foreign company from europe or usa are interested in the bid. if its indian and asian companies who won the bid (i am certain that it will be because of corruption), you can expect it to be shitty from beginning.

If there gonna be adult package to subscribe then please take my money already $$

[quote=“armada, post:14, topic:22243”]

If there gonna be adult package to subscribe then please take my money already $$

[/quote]

cool down amigo, not going to happen.

Any New Updates...?

[quote=“immikhan19, post:16, topic:22243”]

Any New Updates…?

[/quote]

Auction is on 7th December !!

I think it's too late ...

It is still good for us....

Update

10 companies applied for DTH licence

Bidding will on 7th December for 3 licences

Information ministry trying to stop the process ??? :o

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2015/11/18/news/info-ministry-tries-to-have-its-way-with-an-unwilling-pemra/