3.5mbps?

Hey i just bought a 4mb ptcl dsl connection but when i did a speed test the limit of my download is 3.5mbps on every server its like it just goes to 3.5mbps very quickly but never crosses it i was thinking that is there a 3.5mb connection of ptcl for its dsl users???

My download speed is 450 to 470kbps (isn't it should be 500kbps)

Plzz clear my confusions

Thanks

4mbps is theoretical speed and actual speed is always lower then theoretical due to various factors which I am not gonna get into the details of those factors. if your getting 450KB/s and above speeds then you should know that ur 4mbps connection is working far better then the most 4mbps PTCL DSL user. :)

Ok thanks i was just getting a bit worried...........

Online Speedtest results always show 1.5-1.6mbps for my 2mbps connection whereas I get upto 212-215 Kilo Bytes per second for my downloads if I use Download Manager.

Agree with that. Usually speeds are always lower than what is advertised .

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:, topic:”]

Hey i just bought a 4mb ptcl dsl connection but when i did a speed test the limit of my download is 3.5mbps on every server its like it just goes to 3.5mbps very quickly but never crosses it i was thinking that is there a 3.5mb connection of ptcl for its dsl users???

My download speed is 450 to 470kbps (isn’t it should be 500kbps)

Plzz clear my confusions

Thanks

[/quote]

9 to 13% line losses