2MB DSL Modem Hangs up/Stuck and gets out of sync (connection drops)

The issue is happening with me just for only the past one week.

I had my 2 MB connection going fine and downloading/browsing worked 24/7, however now when I see it usually in the morning (expecting that all my queued up downloads would have ended), to my disappointment the modem lights seem solid and not blinking. This is happening quite often now. The modem gets de-synced randomly and hangs up , nothing works. Even browsing for general websites seems stuck up for no apparent reason. I have to turn off and on the modem again to get it working. I have checked my phone lines, there is no Landline handset before the DSL splitter. I have cleaned all the pins contacts at the splitter and at the modems end, to rub off any residue (carbon) which usually piles up at metallic contacts. Everything seems to be fine at all despite the fact that PTCL has now started showing this irregular behavior which as there 2 years back when the service was initially launched.

My phone line has no noise at all, and I am not even using the cheap Huawei modem originally provided. I am using a Aztech modem in bridge mode and using my Linksys router (Tomato Firmware to enter my user name/passwords details.

I am connected in Karachi via Azizabad exchange.

Just want to know any tips and guidance to kill the issue and is anybody else around here is facing the same issue.

Regards.

Same Problem here!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
The issue is happening with me just for only the past one week.

I had my 2 MB connection going fine and downloading/browsing worked 24/7, however now when I see it usually in the morning (expecting that all my queued up downloads would have ended), to my disappointment the modem lights seem solid and not blinking. This is happening quite often now. The modem gets de-synced randomly and hangs up , nothing works. Even browsing for general websites seems stuck up for no apparent reason. I have to turn off and on the modem again to get it working. I have checked my phone lines, there is no Landline handset before the DSL splitter. I have cleaned all the pins contacts at the splitter and at the modems end, to rub off any residue (carbon) which usually piles up at metallic contacts. Everything seems to be fine at all despite the fact that PTCL has now started showing this irregular behavior which as there 2 years back when the service was initially launched.

My phone line has no noise at all, and I am not even using the cheap Huawei modem originally provided. I am using a Aztech modem in bridge mode and using my Linksys router (Tomato Firmware to enter my user name/passwords details.

I am connected in Karachi via Azizabad exchange.

Just want to know any tips and guidance to kill the issue and is anybody else around here is facing the same issue.

Regards.

[/quote]

Are you on copper or ONU?

Huawei Crapp???

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Huawei Crapp???
[/quote]

use g.dmt as the adsl mode. uncheck others.

probably bad line....call ptcl and tell them to send the lineman and get a new pair of wires

Man your there are two possible reasons for your problem

1...Irregulay electic supply is disrupting modem. installing a Voltage regulator along with a pc power supply will help to overcome the issue. i am not using the regular 9v adapter instead i have installed a pc powersupply with a power regulator 7809 to convert 12v to 9v.

2...Cool down modem by installing a powerful fan.

i have WiFi network in my town so i am dropping you the extract of my one year experience