2mb connection

i recently shifted on PTCL 2MB connection, when i run the speedtest i get max 1.7MB upward and 0.5mb downward stream. with the speed of 190 / 210 kbps.

now i need to know do you have any idea why am i getting 1.7MB speed and not 2MB and secondly my buffering is not fetching good speed like youtube and other movie buffering sites are not taking full benefit of 2MB speed.

my line states are perfect like

SNR is 37db & attenuation is 12db.

Take a screen shot of line stats and post preferably, here

ok i will.

but i saw another problem without using anything my DU meter keeps on showing 150KB/s download speed. i dont know how to check that which app is using that bandwidth.

[quote=", post:3, topic:16454"]

ok i will.

but i saw another problem without using anything my DU meter keeps on showing 150KB/s download speed. i dont know how to check that which app is using that bandwidth.

[/quote]

Use NetLimiter instead for complete details. You can also kill or limit bandwidth for that application.

[quote=“blogger, post:4, topic:16454”]

Use NetLimiter instead for complete details. You can also kill or limit bandwidth for that application.

[/quote]

thanks alot bro Netlimiter worked great there was some process 308 service which was constantly downloading data i dont know why, but i blocked it and now things look normal.

[quote=", post:5, topic:16454"]

thanks alot bro Netlimiter worked great there was some process 308 service which was constantly downloading data i dont know why, but i blocked it and now things look normal.

[/quote]

Forgot to tell you, you do not need to use DU meter with this software. It also keeps record of data usage (download/upload) quite a lot better than any other software.

Have a look below:

thanks alot.

Does it differentiate between data downloaded from internet and data transferred from other PCs on same network?

[quote=“scuzzy, post:8, topic:16454”]

Does it differentiate between data downloaded from internet and data transferred from other PCs on same network?

[/quote]

Yup, netlimiter does

Internet

Local network

I am using the old version of netlimiter which is 2.0.8… from 2007 or 2008 I guess. I don’t know about the latest version as I never felt the need to replace it I guess I was right not to update after seeing the the latest version’s screen shot above in blogger’s post. but anyways, it does differentiate between local and internet traffic and pretty accurate too … and as from the pic you can also check data traffic for individual application(s) too. Pretty handy software if you ask as oppose to DU meter.

Thanks.