28 A's in O levels ..Growing trend in Pakistan

http://blog.rockmasala.com/yet-another-pakistani-student-zohaib-asad-gets-28-a-grades-in-o-levels/

oh really! I do appreciate the fact...but being a Cambridge stream student my self it sort of feels like a waste of money, and nothing else.. Its like even you get 40A*s in O-level it won't let you end up anywhere except A-levels.

Its like students with 4A*s or 2As in A-levels still get into Cambridge, Oxford, MIT, Harvard etc taking overlly extra grade won't end you up studying at moon.

I'm just saying...don't take it the "talent discouraging" way. Its like currently one GCE O-level Exam costs 6,290Rs

6290*28= 1,76,120Rs + 3,480Rs= 1,79,600Rs...and thats not all. 3yrs of hefty fee to Tutions and school. Currently at average 4,000Rs/per subject/month fee is charged from an O-level student at academies. So doing all these math things will roughly make your 35,000Rs O-levels to round about 3lac Rs. And the ultimate fruit will be same.

Still appreciate the effort made by the student.!

With the same amount of effort he could have had 20 As in Olevel and 8 As in AS level

Then apply 2nd year in either Australia or UK....anyhow..

And i believe the person who did it will not be able to pass simple b.a. papers.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:4, topic:15427”]

And i believe the person who did it will not be able to pass simple b.a. papers.

[/quote]

are u insane?

Pakistani B.A is ridiculously easy. I have taught English to a couple of B.A students in Pakistan, I was amazed by their extremely low level of intellect. This was when I was my self in first year of my A levels.

It is definitely not a piece of cake to score 28 A’s in the world’s mainstream qualification. We should be overwhelmed by this achievement, or at least not criticize him.

As great as it is, I just hope that these kids actually do something greater in the future... like innovate or something.

Not to belittle the hard work they must've put into this, I'm one of those people who feel that these board exams have almost no meaning in the real world (don't get me wrong, I've done O and A levels myself) and kind of limits the freedom of creativity and ideas.

Regardless of what they do in the future, kudos to the kids for all of their hard work.

WOW .. Its really hard to get it. Congrats buddy!

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:5, topic:15427”]

are u insane?

Pakistani B.A is ridiculously easy. I have taught English to a couple of B.A students in Pakistan, I was amazed by their extremely low level of intellect. This was when I was my self in first year of my A levels.

It is definitely not a piece of cake to score 28 A’s in the world’s mainstream qualification. We should be overwhelmed by this achievement, or at least not criticize him.

[/quote]

Its not abou about criticizing…its about the practicality of giving so many exams…it really doesnt serve any purpose…

Like I said he was better off giving papers for AS level, so that he could have had an early break for unis…

I would have greater appreciation if he had given double Doctorate than 28 Olevel papers.

Ha ha , well to bring it to the notice of your mediocre minds, he has 10 A's in A levels too and is studying at McGill University in Canada.

My god why McGill!!!

He better be having full scholarship with benefits..

[quote=“deffury, post:10, topic:15427”]

My god why McGill!!!

He better be having full scholarship with benefits…

[/quote]

Same thought!

What a lame education system the world have these days. Study hard your entire childhood and youth, then get a job and start raising your descendants. This hard work has made me sick. There were days when education was a way to earn knowledge not to get jobs but now everything has changed. These days, giving education is a business and students are workers of factories (schools, colleges, universities)

[quote=“blogger, post:12, topic:15427”]

What a lame education system the world have these days. Study hard your entire childhood and youth, then get a job and start raising your descendants. This hard work has made me sick. There were days when education was a way to earn knowledge not to get jobs but now everything has changed. These days, giving education is a business and students are workers of factories (schools, colleges, universities)

[/quote]

what days are you referring to ?? Really!!!

Every knowledge gained is applied one way or another…and one does gain knowledge so that they may apply it for their own benefit…

[quote=“deffury, post:13, topic:15427”]

what days are you referring to ?? Really!!!

Every knowledge gained is applied one way or another…and one does gain knowledge so that they may apply it for their own benefit…

[/quote]

Oh yeah! Not so far just 200-250 years ago when universities were producing real genius because education was given free of cost and teachers were not hungry for money. But then thinking started changing and a new era of lust for money began when eduction system started taking a new shape. Now, you ‘‘learn to earn’’.

Knowledge is applied many ways, indeed, but I am sorry if I am wrong, knowledge written in course books is earned to pass exams, to get degrees.

Do not think Intel is making processors or Microsoft is making best operating systems because of college toppers. No, the truth is, there were those kicked out lazy arse college jerks who utilized their mental powers to revolutionize the world, to setup new paths. Now, toppers are serving them by working on the highways constructed by these ‘‘illiterate’’ people… .

you do know that they also paid their taxes....unlike us folks.....

Also, in the old days only the influential people got to study at university level

Having XX numbers of A's in A or O levels or in our traditional study system doesn't mean anything except how much better that specific student at being a "laqeer ka faqeer". and I don't think study makes anyone genius as genius are BORN, not made. Albert Einstein was just a simple graduate and was working in a patent office in Switzerland when he started showing his true colors ......

Besides what's the point of scoring very high when....

The 'supposed' cream of this country is being awarded by the scum of this country.... <_<

and what's this cream is actually good for apart from being a usual tool...?

28 A's? Means he appeared in 28 subjects. Sounds like a bloody joke and by the looks of his beard maybe he spent 10 years of his life just studying O'levels.

Wish there were 28 Noble Prize winners in Pakistan.

Again useless Studying will not be fruitful! Don't he have anything ELSE to do in life! it is extreme self-denial.

O wow! over whelmed with O and A levels! i do not exist! :ph34r:

Now he has a bucketful of Level he can sell in the open market! <_< !دس دس روپے! دس دس روپے

Hadees:

”ہر کام میں میانہ روی اختیار کرو“

[quote=“metaltongue, post:17, topic:15427”]

28 A’s? Means he appeared in 28 subjects. Sounds like a bloody joke and by the looks of his beard maybe he spent 10 years of his life just studying O’levels.

Wish there were 28 Noble Prize winners in Pakistan.

[/quote]

Did you even watch the video properly? He was getting medals for his performance at University of health sciences (graduate level)…Not O levels…

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:18, topic:15427”]

Again useless Studying will not be fruitful! Don’t he have anything ELSE to do in life! it is extreme self-denial.

O wow! over whelmed with O and A levels! i do not exist! :ph34r:

Now he has a bucketful of Level he can sell in the open market! <_< !دس دس روپے! دس دس روپے

Hadees:

”ہر کام میں میانہ روی اختیار کرو“

[/quote]

Well, there is no limit to education but if the education is to boast of your talent, it is indeed waste and torture to yourself.