24v dc to 12v dc circuit?

Hello forum users i installed 24v ups setup at my home with solar pannels and now i want to run some 12v items like fan leds now can someone tel me how to convert 24v dc to 12v?

your charge controller should have a 12V output.

also simply use a transformer...

most LED and new fans come with its own DC driver which will run on the 220V circuit easily.

Dear i am not wana run on a ups with transformer i wana run direct with battries and i dont have seprate charge controller my ups have its own 60amp pwm cc but dont have 12v output is there any circuit for that?

How much current do your 2 volt devices consume?

Aurangzeb

buy dc-dc 24v to 12v step down...

[quote=“gbaz, post:5, topic:21977”]

buy dc-dc 24v to 12v step down...

[/quote]

from were and device name?

I purchased a kit which inputs 0 to 30 volts dc and it has a variable switch to get the desired output voltage but overall handle less than 12 amps i guess. So basically i am giving you the idea that you can purchase such type of stuff in charge controller kit or any market stuff related to your demand .

[quote=“ASIF-ALI, post:6, topic:21977”]

from were and device name?

[/quote]

dc dc step down 24v to 12v , you can find in any electronic shop easily , main thing is how much of current is need by your 12v device ? during purchase ask the shopkeper about current ....

use regulator 7812 it price is 15 rs load 1 amp per regulator

7812.jpg

pin 1 is input

pin 2 is ground

pin 3 is output 12 v

Awais you are kidding. Everyone know 78 series and its good to know that u mentioned that in here

[quote=“awaiskhawar, post:9, topic:21977”]

use regulator 7812 it price is 15 rs load 1 amp per regulator

7812.jpg

pin 1 is input

pin 2 is ground

pin 3 is output 12 v

[/quote]

It will work can how much load i can run on that? how much amp load on one regulator?

[quote=“ASIF-ALI, post:11, topic:21977”]

It will work can how much load i can run on that? how much amp load on one regulator?

[/quote]

80mA max for 1W heat dissipation. The better the heatsink used with it, the more current you can utilize.

LM7812 is actually a bad idea if load current is large (around 1 Ampere). Even if you can manage for best possible heat dissipation, even then dropping 24V to 12V at 1A will cause 12W loss, 50% power wasted.

Just connect some loads across one battery and other loads across the other one. Try to balance the consumption across both batteries.

Aurangzeb

[quote=“aurangzebhaque, post:14, topic:21977”]

Just connect some loads across one battery and other loads across the other one. Try to balance the consumption across both batteries.

Aurangzeb

[/quote]

Not possible to shift all the time from 1to2

[quote=“ASIF-ALI, post:11, topic:21977”]

[/quote]

7812 load = 1 A

78M12 load = 500mA

78L12 load = 100mA

use heat sink

connect the regulator in parallel to increase the load

[quote=", post:13, topic:21977"]

LM7812 is actually a bad idea if load current is large (around 1 Ampere). Even if you can manage for best possible heat dissipation, even then dropping 24V to 12V at 1A will cause 12W loss, 50% power wasted.

[/quote]

connet regulator in parallel to increase the load

if you see the ups transistor module. also attach regulator like that in parrallel

[quote=“awaiskhawar, post:17, topic:21977”]

connet regulator in parallel to increase the load

if you see the ups transistor module. also attach regulator like that in parrallel

[/quote]

No matter how many linear regulators you connect in parallel, the wasted power will remain same.

best to use dc to dc converter.. something like that http://www.ebay.com/itm/24Vdc-to-12Vdc-5A-Converter-Step-Down-Regulator-Module-60W-/400611133627

[quote=", post:19, topic:21977"]

best to use dc to dc converter.. something like that http://www.ebay.com/itm/24Vdc-to-12Vdc-5A-Converter-Step-Down-Regulator-Module-60W-/400611133627

[/quote]

24v-to-12v-converter-lm338.gif

you also make this thing like that

this is also a regulator

http://www.evselectro.com/voltage-regulators/positive/lm338t-5-amp-adjustable-regulators-4975