23 rd march gift :PTCL to double its Braodband speed @ same price

PTCL is doubling its broadband speed for all its customers effective March 23rd 2009 as a gift on the National Day.

All PTCL broadband customers’ bandwidth speed will be doubled on 23rd March at the same tariffs i.e.

Customers using 512Kbps will be converted to 1Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 1199 / month

Customers using 1Mbps will be converted to 2 Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 1999 / month

Customers using 2 Mbps will be converted to 4 Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 4999/ month

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PTCL is doubling its broadband speed for all its customers effective March 23rd 2009 as a gift on the National Day.

All PTCL broadband customers’ bandwidth speed will be doubled on 23rd March at the same tariffs i.e.

Customers using 512Kbps will be converted to 1Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 1199 / month

Customers using 1Mbps will be converted to 2 Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 1999 / month

Customers using 2 Mbps will be converted to 4 Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 4999/ month

[/quote]

SOURCE???

I think this is a rumor but it's better if it's true.

No, this is the real news because i know many peoples you have already got their upgrades. But i am totally doubtful about 2MB to 4MB up gradation or in another words it's impossible atm. The current lines cannot support traffic more than 2MB and i heard that 2MB will be upgraded to 2.5MB.

SOURCE or proof or this is just a fluke. ;)

Ok 2MB is also upgrading to 4MB. Here is some kinda proof taken from newspaper ad:

http://img15.picoodle.com/img/img15/3/3/20/sunny88/f_BBFinalAdm_d13431c.jpg

Source:

I am working for PTCL.......)

THe add will float in news papers before 23rd...may be tomorrow....we got the email today as internal communications..THe ad shows a doctor, a student, a teacher and an enterpreneur as PTCL customers...

plz start believing others....................... even just for a change......

take care

Well... no upgrades here... for the last month.

I'm in Gulrez/Rawalpindi... the doomed area.

it will be doubled on 23rd march...I have the add , give me your email, I will forward it to all NON-Believers......

THe add will appear on 23rd..I just confirmed it from commercial......

Come-on LDN team, when will LDN subscribers b hearing such good news??? DJNomi any idea abt it???

LDN and good news just dont go hand in hand.

Ok 2MB is also upgrading to 4MB. Here is some kinda proof taken from newspaper ad:

http://img15.picoodle.com/img/img15/3/3/20/sunny88/f_BBFinalAdm_d13431c.jpg

[/quote]

In the ad the student says “I can now complete my thesis in half the time”…does that imply hes plagiarizing his thesis from the net :D

SOURCE or proof or this is just a fluke. ;)
[/quote]

From: Marketing Information Bulletin (sent by: SEVP Commercial)/PTCL

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:18 AM

To: Marketing Information Bulletin (sent by: SEVP Commercial)/PTCL

Subject: MIB 55 - Double Bandwidth Speed on Same tariffs with PTCL Broadband Service

ptcl

(Marketing Information Bulletin - 55)

MIB # 55

Subject: “Double Bandwidth Speed on Same tariffs with PTCL Broadband Service”

Objective:

* Declare PTCL as an Mb company.

* Project a stronger image of PTCL and PTCL Broadband Service.

· Create awareness amongst existing and new potential broadband customers that PTCL is the best and the most economical broadband service provider.

· Create a higher perceived value for PTCL Broadband service.

· Declare PTCL broadband as the best choice for high speed internet usage providing a bundle of free services such as ‘Buzz’ free & personalized e-mail, e-learning and special student packages.

· Generate demand by enticing more customers to apply for a PTCL Broadband connection.

Effective Date: 23rd March, 2009

Key Highlights:

* Customers using 512Kbps will be converted to 1Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 1199 / month

* Customers using 1Mbps will be converted to 2 Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 1999 / month

* Customers using 2 Mbps will be converted to 4 Mbps at the same tariff of Rs 4999/ month

Benefits:

* PTCL Broadband is available in over 130 cities across the country.

* Smart TV free till June 2009 with all Broadband connections in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.

* PTCL broadband customer has the liberty to choose from various packages. PTCL Broadband keeps you connected to high speed internet all the time.

* Economical package for students, corporate and individuals.

* Access to free movies, music, classical Pakistani plays, famous cricket matches, educational and religious contents exclusively for PTCL broadband customers on ‘Buzz’ broadband web content infotainment portal.

Communication Plan:

* Press Ad in leading English, Urdu and regional newspapers on March 23, 2009.

* Bulk SMS

Press Advertisement: Press Ad design is attached as an attachment.

Bulk SMS: "As a national day gift PTCL has now doubled your Bandwidth speed at no extra cost Now enjoy higher surfing speed and much faster downloads"

Contact Persons:

[Omitted due to privacy concerns]

Note: Kindly pass this MIB to all concerned within your respective departments.

Regards,

Dr. Sadik Al-Jadir,

SEVP - Commercial.

welldone ummro...I was reluctant in sending this email but you did it.....

I think Maxcom and others will have to follow suit

and quickly. Otherwise PTCL, with all it's short-

coming notwithstanding, will eat-up the competition.

Sheikh 'Gulp!' Chilli

see the ptcl dsl thread..most of us hav already received this gift :P

I also confirm it now, my brother is a ptcl 512kbps dsl subscriber and the speed have increased to 1mbps.

my broadband has been upgraded from 1m.b to 2m.b

and i'm happy...

thank you ptcl

Well... My DSL got upgraded from 512kbps to 1mbps 2 weeks ago. and i knew about this upgradation already. I think i m one of those who got their DSL upgraded very soon.

Central Exchange-Multan

my also upgrated to 1 mb in baldia town karachi,now thinking for freesmart tv all the time

D and =D