21 Dec. 2012, end of the world?

I have come scross a lot of places where they say they the date 21 dec. 2012 is important and it will come to some strange conclusion at exactly 11:11 am GMT.

12-21-12 is the end date of the Mayan calendar, it coincides with planetary alignment,

i.e the earth and sun, will be in a perfect alignement with the center of our galaxy. Apparently this might cause major problem with our planet, a possible polar shift. Do you believe in that ? It has been proven that earth poles shift on several occasions before and they will do it again (something happening only once every 26000 years)

Some say we will come to know of aliens on moon. Some say the solidification of earth's core begins Some said after that day we will believe in ghosts?

PS: Making a movie about it would be cool though. :lol:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have come scross a lot of places where they say they the date 21 dec. 2012 is important and it will come to some strange conclusion at exactly 11:11 am GMT.

12-21-12 is the end date of the Mayan calendar, it coincides with planetary alignment,

i.e the earth and sun, will be in a perfect alignement with the center of our galaxy. Apparently this might cause major problem with our planet, a possible polar shift. Do you believe in that ? It has been proven that earth poles shift on several occasions before and they will do it again (something happening only once every 26000 years)

Some say we will come to know of aliens on moon. Some say the solidification of earth’s core begins Some said after that day we will believe in ghosts?

[/quote]

two words

BULL #$%#

are they trying to estimate the date of Qyamat Which only Almighty Allah Knows

Rubbish

Idiotic.

Only a nuclear Armageddon will destroy the world so soon.

What you've heard are all baseless rumors. In an article I was reading, many leading physicists came to the conclusion that our earth will survive for billions of years to come (unless, of course, an unforeseeable catastrophe comes upon us). So probably we don't need to worry about the end of the world just yet.

In future, we may be able to colonize other planets before the destruction of the earth. And, who knows, some hyperintelligent extraterrestrial creatures might make us slaves and take us with them before our sun runs out of its fuel. :P

Some say we will come to know of aliens on moon. Some say the solidification of earth’s core begins Some said after that day we will believe in ghosts?

[/quote]

just tell me which channel got the rights to cover that day and time on cable…

[/quote]

before you jump to 2012, as you seen to know so much about “ENDING OF THE WORLD”, would you be kind enough to tell us what the heck happened to 2000, there was so much “oh world is ending”, " in millenium all is gonna end", “Y2K bug there will be nuclear holocaust” blah blah blah

so would you be kind enough to tell about 2000?

two words

BULL #$%#

[/quote]

Yaar 40mbps didn’t mentioned anything about judgment day, nor the topic says that, why did have to involve the judgment day in it?

[/quote]

Don’t know what will happen on 12 21 12 (if anything happens at all)… but surly making a hollywood movie about thid topic would be a block buster… :)

Don’t know what will happen on 12 21 12 (if anything happens at all)… but surly making a hollywood movie about thid topic would be a block buster… :)

[/quote]

You really think Hollywood hasn’t tackled this subject yet? ;)

two words

BULL #$%#

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
before you jump to 2012, as you seen to know so much about “ENDING OF THE WORLD”, would you be kind enough to tell us what the heck happened to 2000, there was so much “oh world is ending”, " in millenium all is gonna end", “Y2K bug there will be nuclear holocaust” blah blah blah

so would you be kind enough to tell about 2000?

[/quote]

Wow kid. Way to read the topic. No one in here is believing this. It’s for kicks.

میں نا رھا کرو بیٹے serious overdrive ھمیشا :P

Yaar 40mbps didn’t mentioned anything about judgment day, nor the topic says that, why did have to involve the judgment day in it?

[/quote]

Excussssssssse me

Mr.

The Title of Topic says End oF World??

i think end of world means…

Either people stop arguing and discuss the topic if you want to or stay out. Keep this up and I'll close the thread.

this is the last date on the mayan calender. this plot was also used x-files conclusion.

however mayan calendar doesnt show an end, it shows the begining of a new cycle.

Either people stop arguing and discuss the topic if you want to or stay out. Keep this up and I’ll close the thread.
[/quote]

Sah let it flow man if you are going to police so strictly and won’t be flexible, people will start leaving this forum, you ought to give little maneuverability to members.

this thread is part serious for believers and part humor for skeptics, you are not dealing with exact science here like one would expect serious discussion if this thread was dealing with physics or chemistry.

in some threads you should show full strictness like the one where people are trying to sell something like in BUY/SELL section and you got people take that thread to god knows where… no leniency should be shown then as mod, which i already wrote about.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=13919#p13919

@ethanhunt: People can discuss whatever they want as long as they stick to the rules. If people want to discuss this topic they should do so. Arguing over the wording of the thread name is not the same as discussing the topic...

@ethanhunt: People can discuss whatever they want as long as they stick to the rules. If people want to discuss this topic they should do so. Arguing over the wording of the thread name is not the same as discussing the topic…
[/quote]

Yaar, you’ve been stiff ever since you came “back”…

Excussssssssse me

Mr.

The Title of Topic says End oF World??

i think end of world means…

[/quote]

Still… it doesn’t say judgment day.

For me there a huge difference between judgment day and end of the world…

End of the world would just end of the world but judgment day would be the day that nothing will survive accept whom Allah wishes to save…

I hope you get my point.

You really think Hollywood hasn’t tackled this subject yet? ;)

[/quote]

Definitely they have…

Some of my favs are on that list :)

I have come scross a lot of places where they say they the date 21 dec. 2012 is important and it will come to some strange conclusion at exactly 11:11 am GMT. 12-21-12 is the end date of the Mayan calendar, it coincides with planetary alignment,
[/quote]

So was said about 2000 year. Somehow, this world survive the change of millennium. Something went wrong in calculation of doomsday? By the way, why GMT? Mayans were not correcting their clocks to GMT (now UTC). Can’t you figured out yourself that there was not GMT when Mayans made their calender? :rolleyes:

i.e the earth and sun, will be in a perfect alignement with the center of our galaxy.
[/quote]

Huh? I am speechless here. Our sun is on the outer-side of disc of our galaxy. The center of galaxy is congested with very large suns (stars) which collide with each other and creating black-holes and many other interesting objects. Our sun is never going to be center of galaxy. Why people still think that universe revolve around this earth and somehow our sun (and earth) is something special (just because of humans)? :rolleyes:

Apparently this might cause major problem with our planet, a possible polar shift. Do you believe in that ? It has been proven that earth poles shift on several occasions before and they will do it again (something happening only once every 26000 years)
[/quote]

There are so many polar shifts in the history of earth and earth still survives. Nothing is going to happen other than that our compasses will point to South. Moreover, many scientist believes (based on geological data) that shift is underway but absolute shift will occur from North to South within a day (maybe within few hours). Moreover, the side effects of polar shift is temporary slight reduction in magnetic layer (that protect earth from solar winds and solar storms). However, after polar shift things will get back to normal very quickly. Sit tight, nothing special is going to happen just stay at home at the day of shift :)

[/quote]

Aliens on Moon? :rolleyes: Huh? Solidification of earth’s core? :rolleyes: Why? Why all of sudden the energy trapped in earth’s core will cool down? Where are physics laws?

By the way, why are you scared of end of world. Being a Muslim, we should have believe on Judgment Day and we should be prepare for it. Only sinners are afraid of end of world. I am not afraid of end of days. I anxiously waiting for Judgment Day when I shall grab thousands of people’s collars and ask Allah to do justice on Hakook-Al-Abad (we Pakistan are very found to ruin Hakoon-Al-Abad). :)

Fe-Aman Allah.