[2012] Waar

Warner brothers in collaboration with bilal Lashari, hunt lowly (producer donnie darko) are releasing a Pakistani movie called "waar". The great trailer speaks for itself:

Source:

http://galaxylollywood.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/film-waar-to-be-released-by-warner-bros/

your opinions?

Wow! I'm impressed by the trailer at least. Hopefully the movie will live up to it. Of the past movies like Khuda Ke Liye and Ramchand the problem I felt was they still had a drama-type dialogue and feel to it. But that's just me. I really hope that this one doesn't have silly and cheesy action scenes because I for one do not want to see a Bollywood-style movie except with Pakistani actors.

The trailer is indeed pretty good, especially for a lollywood movie. I guess I'll have to watch this one in theater. B)

Bilal Lashari B) Christopher Nolan of Pakistan

[quote=", post:4, topic:16272"]

[/quote]

Your kidding right? What ever they do (these pakis and indians), they can never be original.

Man! thats what i call a movie! I would love to see it! First time a pakistani movie trailer inspired me to watch it!

Wow Gujar now in style of Tom Cruise :lol: congrats Pakistanio this seems to be huge development in Lullywaad :lol:

Seems to be better than Geo's BS movies. Will wait for reviews before watching...

[quote=“Asad, post:8, topic:16272”]

Seems to be better than Geo’s BS movies. Will wait for reviews before watching…

[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Earlier in 2010, we reported that Hollywood producers are auditioning for film actors in Islamabad for a high-profile Hollywood/Lollywood collaborative project. The director of the project, Bilal Lashari has shot his first full-length feature film called Waar. The film was always a sole MindWorks Media production and was not associated with the ISPR at all. Same goes for the deal with Warner Brothers. The Producers have talked to Hunt Lowry, producer of “Donnie Darko” and Warner Bros.’s smash hit “A Walk to Remember”, there’s no point denying that but no deal has been made with Warner Brothers yet.

Waar (to strike) is an action/thriller and drama film, written by Hassan Waqas Rana and stars Pakistan’s finest actors, Shaan Shahid and Shamoon Abbasi, otherwise the rest of the cast are brand new actors. The storyline has been inspired by the war on terror in Pakistan and its effects on the world but with a very stylised interpretation of it. There have been many Hollywood movies which have dealt with the same issue including Syriana (2005) and A Mighty Heart (2007), but most of them failed to portray the situation properly except for Syriana which received generally positive reviews.

The English-language film (Waar) has been shot at various locations in and outside of Pakistan, from the beautiful hills of Islamabad to the second best tourist destination in Pakistan, Lahore to the fascinating valley of Swat (the Switzerland of Pakistan) in the Northern Areas of Pakistan, where a major military operation was launched two years ago. But most of the scenes and script are based around locations in Islamabad. Some parts of the film have also been shot in Istanbul, Turkey.

As reported earlier, the soundtrack of this one of it’s kind film has been done by Qayaas. “Inquilaab, Khayaal and Pal are part of the soundtrack,” says Khurram Waqar, the lead guitarist of the band. The presence of Qayaas in the film makes the project sound even more interesting.

According to IMDB, the estimated film budget is $2,000,000 (PKR 170M or 17 Crores). The film which is expected to be produced by one of the major film studios in America, Warner Bros, will be first screened at some major international film festivals and after its successful screening at the festivals, it will be released worldwide. Mindworks Media‘s Dr. Hassan is ramping up several other film projects and has big plans of restarting the film scene in Pakistan.

The 140 min feature film is currently in its post-production stage. Waar is expected to have a summer release.

[/quote]

Link: http://www.koolmuzone.com/2011/03/warner-bros-bilal-lashari-Pakistan-film-waar-release-summer-2011/

I am not impressed by the trailer (because its not well made), but the movie looks good. And I hope its good. Will surely watch it in the cinema.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:11, topic:16272”]

I am not impressed by the trailer (because its not well made), but the movie looks good. And I hope its good. Will surely watch it in the cinema.

[/quote]

I agree and I can bet what you saw in that trailer, you won’t find anything better in whole movie. Me, I wouldn’t bother watching this movie for free let alone pay for it to watch…

Amazng yaar.... This is the first ever Pakistani film which I am really willing and would love to watch ;)

It looks like a superb movie director BIlal lashari and shan is looking as good as any hollywood hero.

Well, did anyone watch it? How was it?

I looked around for dvdrips, but didn't found anything. These lollywood movies always take long to release on dvds.

Thanx for the review..........

waiting for this movie from start of this year... trailer was released on 1st jan, 2012..

No release date, official facebook page is abandoned.

Last i read about this about some months ao in DAWN, that movie is undergoing a case with censor board.

Damn you censor board !! only movie that we seemed to like a bit held till we dont know :/

Waar has been released and has set a new record (for Pakistan) collecting 135000$ on its first day.

Source:

http://www.pakistaniyan.com/2013/10/waar-movie-first-day-business-us.html

[quote=“Zohair, post:4, topic:16272”]

[/quote]

[quote="Faisal, post:5, topic:16272"]

Your kidding right? What ever they do (these pakis and indians), they can never be original.

[/quote]

Hun das?

^

Mexican food is for Mexicans... else where its called bloody diarrhea ;)