2 wireless routers over ptcl adsl

im using ptcl modem , Im sharing with my neighbour , He is using tplink wireless router with it .now i too want to setup wifi router in my house .. It is possible 2 wireless routers on a single ptcl modem ?? If it is possible than how to configure it? plzz help me regarding this, i dont knw much abt networking , any networkng expert plzz Help meee.

Waiting fr ur suggestions

Thanx a ton

Ok its possible! I dont rememeber exactly the menus of TPLINK but you dont have to do anything to your router! Ask ur friend to either

1. Laptops have wifi already

2. In case of PC (not laptop) Use a wifi doogle (if signal is strong enough)

3. In case u really want to extend via router-router use "REPEATER" mode this way your router will search for exting networks and will repeat the signal for you! but im not sure if why u want to use a wireless router... :S

[quote=“firecruz, post:2, topic:15416”]

Ok its possible! I dont rememeber exactly the menus of TPLINK but you dont have to do anything to your router! Ask ur friend to either

1. Laptops have wifi already

2. In case of PC (not laptop) Use a wifi doogle (if signal is strong enough)

3. In case u really want to extend via router-router use “REPEATER” mode this way your router will search for exting networks and will repeat the signal for you! but im not sure if why u want to use a wireless router… :S

[/quote]

thnx for ur reply . My friend lives the next street, atleast 40 meter wire is going frm my house to his Wireless router … I dont knw how to fix a repeater mode . can u plz tell in detail ?

And y i want to use wireless cuz i wanna use internet on my Iphone…

WAiting for ur suggestions guyzz Hellpp

wire ? :o why is a wire laid between ur friend's house and yours? :o woh b at 40 meters! wireless works too! so if im not wrong is this correct situation im understanding.

YOUR HOME___________________________________FRIENDS HOME

DSL > TPLINK >--------------40M---------------TPLINK> ))) Iphone!

[quote=“firecruz, post:4, topic:15416”]

wire ? :o why is a wire laid between ur friend’s house and yours? :o woh b at 40 meters! wireless works too! so if im not wrong is this correct situation im understanding.

YOUR HOME___________________________________FRIENDS HOME

DSL > TPLINK >--------------40M---------------TPLINK> ))) Iphone!

[/quote]

He livez the next street bunglow, how can i wireless can work on such distance > Yeah ethernet Cable from my modem is going to his house… i jst wanna ask can i add one more wireless router to my modem ?? if that how can i configure it , settings wagera ??? Anyone ???

Here are some questions from me to understand your network configuration correctly.

1) Is the Ethernet wire from your DSL modem plugged into WAN Port of your friend's wireless router? or some LAN(n) port?

2) How many LAN (Ethernet) ports does your DSL modem have?

3) What is the exact make and model of your and your friend's wireless router .

SETTINGS:

DSL MODEM:

PPPOE User password

DHCP Enable

WAN IP: Auto

LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

NAT ENABLE

YOUR WIRELESS ROUTER!

LAN IP: 192.168.1.100

WAN IP: Dont use WAN port

DHCP Disabled

FRIENDS WIRELESS ROUTER!

LAN IP: 192.168.1.200

WAN IP: Dont use WAN port

DHCP Disabled

Just in this case IPs will be auto assigned to network end-devices by your PTCL router/modem! Easy! And keep gateway IPs different for avoiding IP conflicts!

Nice , info