1st hand vs 2nd hand laptop

what do u think, 2nd hand laptop is a good choice or 1st hand? some ppl says 2nd hand laptop battery create very prob. and its costly.

In lhr, pk how much it will cost me. (also mention processor speed and basic things)

i suggest u old one as its price do not decrease as speed of new one.

u can get good processor in low cast as compared to new one.

u can conform battry timing from seller. choose at least one hour standby time. atleast as u may need more due to lucky wapda.

old stuff can have lots of problems caz of long usage time.

try to go for a newer laptop caz

1- they're reliable, with warranties etc

2- power efficient caz all the latest cpus etc suck less power as compared to their old counterparts. so longer battery time

جوں جوں آپکا لیپ ٹوپ پرانا ہوتا جاۓ گا اس کی بیٹری کا ٹائم کم ہوتا جاے گا۔

اس لئے سیکنڈ ہینڈ کی بیٹری ہمیشہ نئے سے کم ہوگی۔

yeh i have very bad experience with laptop. bought sony every expencive and just used it for 2 years and now it works like i n sitting on 286 with windows 98 installed on it.

first thing first health and safety issues with laptop

open this site and then scroll down to Health issues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laptop

you can see there:

"A study by State University of New York researchers says heat generated from laptops can significantly elevate the temperature of the scrotum, potentially putting sperm count at risk. The small study, which included little more than two dozen men ages 13 to 35, found that the sitting position required to balance a laptop can raise scrotum temperature by as much as 2.1 °C (3.8 °F). Heat from the laptop itself can raise the temperature by another 0.7 °C (1.4 °F), bringing the potential total increase to 2.8 °C (5.2 °F). However, further research is needed to determine whether this directly affects sterility in men.[6] A common practical solution to this problem is to place the laptop on a table or desk."

so be careful while using laptop i just use it coz it was given by my office but i never use it on my lap.

thanks for ur help and what about manfuc., dell, hp, sony, Compaq, or which one is better?

1st hand laptop prices are double i need suggestion my budget is for 1st hand atleast 50,000 but here in pak i think 65-75thousand price laptop will suite my needs. ( i m looking bluetooth, infrared, GPRS, wireless lan, dvd, cam and some other multi media features.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thanks for ur help and what about manfuc., dell, hp, sony, Compaq, or which one is better?

1st hand laptop prices are double i need suggestion my budget is for 1st hand atleast 50,000 but here in pak i think 65-75thousand price laptop will suite my needs. ( i m looking bluetooth, infrared, GPRS, wireless lan, dvd, cam and some other multi media features.

[/quote]

my laptop has all these except for the GPRS and Infrared and i bought it for 52000

its the Acer Aspire 5573

my laptop has all these except for the GPRS and Infrared and i bought it for 52000

its the Acer Aspire 5573

[/quote]

is it 1st hand or 2nd one (seems brand new)

do u face any problem.

is it 1st hand or 2nd one (seems brand new)

do u face any problem.

[/quote]

first hand no problem with it what so ever it even fell from like 5 feet high yet it survivied

میں نےایک بار سیکنڈ ہینڈ لیپ ٹوپ لیا۔

باقی سب ٹھیک تھا ، لیکن بس سکرین نہیں آن ہوتی تھی۔

laptops in Pakistan (new as well as old one) are sure expensive. If you can get someone to buy for you in US (like someone is coming to PK from US), let him (her) bring one for you, as laptops are really cheap there. I got Compaq C751NR for $430 (plus 5% tax equals $450), which is being sold for 45K-50K in Pakistan, even listed ~ 52K at shophive.

laptops in Pakistan (new as well as old one) are sure expensive. If you can get someone to buy for you in US (like someone is coming to PK from US), let him (her) bring one for you, as laptops are really cheap there. I got Compaq C751NR for $430 (plus 5% tax equals $450), which is being sold for 45K-50K in Pakistan, even listed ~ 52K at shophive.
[/quote]

Ditto…I bought mine from States and the price was much cheaper then Pakistan shops.I purchased it for 60K and the same laptop is being sold here for 90K

i've had bad experiences with 2nd hand things before i bought my laptop so i was very careful in buying my laptop. sure 2nd hand things can work for ever but then again they may not even work for a week so there is no guarantee. i say go for new one, it may be look hard to spend too much money but think about the years you gonna have this thing.

happy shopping dude.....

میں نےایک بار سیکنڈ ہینڈ لیپ ٹوپ لیا۔

باقی سب ٹھیک تھا ، لیکن بس سکرین نہیں آن ہوتی تھی۔

[/quote]

cool nickname! ur nickname is showing ur sense of humor.

Anyways … yaad kerwo shaeed woai on bi na hota ho. hahaha hehehe

my question is either battry timing of laptop reduce due to havy usage while giving power from A/C or due to running it on battry during loadsheding or other purpose?

so plz guide me maintain its battry timing.

my question is either battry timing of laptop reduce due to havy usage while giving power from A/C or due to running it on battry during loadsheding or other purpose?

so plz guide me maintain its battry timing.

[/quote]

Even if you don’t use it too often, or don’t use it at all. Batteries have limited life, so unless you store them 100% discharged (and i think that’s the way to store a battery for a long time), their life will keep on reducing.

OP: I suppose by Western countries, you mean US. At least I meant US only, because you’ll find products even costlier than Pakistan in certain developed countries, like Australia or UK.

cool nickname! ur nickname is showing ur sense of humor.

Anyways … yaad kerwo shaeed woai on bi na hota ho. hahaha hehehe

[/quote]

نہیں نہیں، صرف سکرین کا مسئلہ تھا۔ باقی سب ٹھیک تھا۔ میں اس پر گیمز بھی کھیلتا تھا اور موویز بھی دیکھتا تھا۔