1gb wid vista

hi...i m usin vista 64bit wid 1gb of ram and amazingly vista is such a big ram eater.....just boot my pc and go to windows task manager and 800mb of my ram is already in use.....wtf why vista is usin so much ram for doin nothing....it seems i wont b able to play games coz i only hav 200mb of free ram!!!!!!

plz comment on this

Vista uses about 1GB idling on my setup. That's just something you'll have to deal with. If you can, get another GB of RAM and you'll be peachy.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Vista uses about 1GB idling on my setup. That’s just something you’ll have to deal with. If you can, get another GB of RAM and you’ll be peachy.
[/quote]

yeah sure i will soon buy 1gb more

dude vista sure is mem hogger , but incase you still havn't figured it out . Vista 64Bit Version Requires upto 4GB of ram. and you're running 64Bit @ 1GB .. lol . obvious it will happen

but anyway why are you using 64Bit Version ? 32Bit will work fine on 1GB .

dude vista sure is mem hogger , but incase you still havn’t figured it out . Vista 64Bit Version Requires upto 4GB of ram. and you’re running 64Bit @ 1GB … lol . obvious it will happen

but anyway why are you using 64Bit Version ? 32Bit will work fine on 1GB .

[/quote]

bro i was unaware of the difference b/w 32 and 64bit versions of vista at the time of purchasing dvd…well performance is very fine for me as compared to Xp sp3 and i got windows experience of Index “4.5” determined by base score of my ram which is “4.5”…rest of the points are above 5…but i didnt tried any heavy game on this Os yet

Vista 64Bit Version Requires upto 4GB of ram. and you’re running 64Bit @ 1GB … lol . obvious it will happen
[/quote]

64bit can support more than 4GB or RAM, while 32bit cannot – there is no such requirement for the 64-bit version, AFAIK.

64bit can support more than 4GB or RAM, while 32bit cannot – there is no such requirement for the 64-bit version, AFAIK.

[/quote]

i heard it support upto 16gbram

i heard it support upto 16gbram

[/quote]

by “requires” i didn’t mean that it is its windows requirement , i meant that it require almost 4GB to run smooth … else it will become slow time to time after you put some load on it , after installing things .

@ poton12

* Install 4 GB DDR2 (or if your motherboard supports then DDR3) RAM.

* I hope that you are using Core 2 technology processor.

* If your motherboard supports RAID 0 for SATA then put two harddisks of equal size (for example 250GB of 7200 RPM, even 80 GB harddisks works too) and create RAID 0.

Then tell me, is your Vista 64-bit a speed boat to poor sluggish Windows XP 32-bit who can't fully utilizes 4GB RAM. ;)

Given right hardware (that might not be that expensive if selected correctly when building your computer), Vista works like Prince Charming (beauty) with King Arther's sword (power) :)

----

This is NOT a rant. Shove it!

@ poton12

* Install 4 GB DDR2 (or if your motherboard supports then DDR3) RAM.

* I hope that you are using Core 2 technology processor.

* If your motherboard supports RAID 0 for SATA then put two harddisks of equal size (for example 250GB of 7200 RPM, even 80 GB harddisks works too) and create RAID 0.

Then tell me, is your Vista 64-bit a speed boat to poor sluggish Windows XP 32-bit who can’t fully utilizes 4GB RAM. ;)

Given right hardware (that might not be that expensive if selected correctly when building your computer), Vista works like Prince Charming (beauty) with King Arther’s sword (power) :)

----

This is NOT a rant. Shove it!

[/quote]

my borad support raid but i dn knw how to configure it besides i just bought 500gb sata so i m not gonna switch to two small drives…yup running core 2 but my board only support 2gig of ram maximum and ofcourse ddr2 not ddr3 :frowning:

64 bit Vista maximum RAM:

Home Basic : 8GB

Home Premium :16GB

Business: 128GB

Enterprise: 128GB

Ultimate: 128GB

and if that's not enough:

Windows Server 2003: 2 TB (yes that is tera-bytes)

^ http://www.realtime-vista.com/installation/2007/08/windows_vista_ram_limitations.htm

my borad support raid but i dn knw how to configure it besides i just bought 500gb sata so i m not gonna switch to two small drives…yup running core 2 but my board only support 2gig of ram maximum and ofcourse ddr2 not ddr3 :frowning:

[/quote]

If your motherboard supports only 2GB of RAM then at least get 2GB installed in it. However, 64-bit OS gives extra boost after 4GB because 32-bit Windows XP supports 4GB RAM but can utilize only upto 2GB to 4GB.

In RAID 0, both of your harddisks will be join and give you double space and with almost double read speed. In that sense, if you add another 500GB harddisk and create RAID 0 (from BIOS) then it shall be:

500GB + 500GB = 1000GB (RAID 0)

Consult your motherboard’s manual on how to create RAID 0 from BIOS. It’s a major boost of harddisk speed. However, as in any harddisk (single or RAID 0), if a harddisk will get physical damage then you’ll loose data. Therefore, even you have only one harddisk always backup your data. :)

64 bit Vista maximum RAM:

Home Basic : 8GB

Home Premium :16GB

Business: 128GB

Enterprise: 128GB

Ultimate: 128GB

and if that’s not enough:

Windows Server 2003: 2 TB (yes that is tera-bytes)

^ http://www.realtime-vista.com/installation/2007/08/windows_vista_ram_limitations.htm

[/quote]

oh man 128gb for ultimate… r u sure i never heard any borad which can b equipped wid 128gb ram

oh man 128gb for ultimate… r u sure i never heard any borad which can b equipped wid 128gb ram

[/quote]

well yes you won’t find in any mainstream consumer boards, but there are very high end server specific motherboards which have that much capacity…

eg.:

try getting some ripped out versions of vista, they have the unnecessary programs removed