165 AMP Batteries for APC (1 KV)

I have been using APC ups with two 135 amp osaka batteries for the last 3 years. Now the batteries are dying and I have to replace them with new ones. I am thinking of buying two 165 amp batteries instead for longer backup but concerned if this UPS will be able to handle them and charge them properly. The guys who sold this ups to me said that charging was enhanced but I'm not sure if this can handle 165 amp batteries. Some people here seem to have very good understanding and experience with APC. Can you please advise if this is OK/good?

u shud keep usin ur apc with 135 ampers batteries .. no matter wot thy say n how much thy enhanced ur charger ... 135 ampers is ok .... if u go above this amperes thn ups charges will affect n it wont charge the batteries ... so bottom line is this u shud stick with ur already workin setup ...... dont waste money for the sake of longer backup times ..... sum ov my clients are usin 200 ampers batteries with it. but i no that it is not provin ny good but thy wont listen ..... also its battery constants changes with the passage ov time resultin i less backup .........

11124500_1473923002846302_70857453100663

1500 VA with two numbers ov 12 V, 85 Ah AGS battery ............. with 2 fans n 3 energy savers gives easily 2 hours backup times ......

I had two 70 AH AGS batteries on a 700 VA APC and it gave 1 fan, 3 energy saver and 1 LCD TV backup for more than 2 hours.

u usin' it with external charger ? Backup time is good ........

neways for other poeple apc 700va is an old obsoleted model. it makes 450 watt n is white in color with 4 output ports. New model is 750 VA / 500 watts ..... black in color ..... 8 output ports ....... with more filters for protection from spike n surges .........

old models input voltages ranges from 174 - 286v and adjustable to 168 - 302v

new models input voltages ranges from 160 - 286v and adjustable to 151 - 302v

[quote=“MAB, post:, topic:”]

I have been using APC ups with two 135 amp osaka batteries for the last 3 years. Now the batteries are dying and I have to replace them with new ones. I am thinking of buying two 165 amp batteries instead for longer backup but concerned if this UPS will be able to handle them and charge them properly. The guys who sold this ups to me said that charging was enhanced but I'm not sure if this can handle 165 amp batteries. Some people here seem to have very good understanding and experience with APC. Can you please advise if this is OK/good?

[/quote]

provide model number of your ups. and how much the charging rate was enhanced upto? how many amps?

these details matter in battery choice, and also vary with every ups model.

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:6, topic:22011”]

neways for other poeple apc 700va is an old obsoleted model. it makes 450 watt n is white in color with 4 output ports. New model is 750 VA / 500 watts … black in color … 8 output ports … with more filters for protection from spike n surges …

old models input voltages ranges from 174 - 286v and adjustable to 168 - 302v

new models input voltages ranges from 160 - 286v and adjustable to 151 - 302v

[/quote]

I have black and it has 8 outputs.

But u were sayin 700 va .... 700 va is SU model n all SU models are white with four ports ..... 750 SUA750i with black color n 8 ports . ur must b thn 750 va ......

did u attached n xternal charges with the ups ?

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:9, topic:22011”]

But u were sayin 700 va … 700 va is SU model n all SU models are white with four ports … 750 SUA750i with black color n 8 ports . ur must b thn 750 va …

did u attached n xternal charges with the ups ?

[/quote]

No, it only has two wires coming out for two batteries and i have plugged it in wall socket.

Wow yar datz amazing. .. i never ever hv seen ny 700 or 750 va without xtrnal charger ... cuz its internal charger dusnt support batteries above 40ah ... neways did u ever managed to check ur chargin amperes? If yes kindly tell me the figures

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:11, topic:22011”]

Wow yar datz amazing. .. i never ever hv seen ny 700 or 750 va without xtrnal charger ... cuz its internal charger dusnt support batteries above 40ah ... neways did u ever managed to check ur chargin amperes? If yes kindly tell me the figures

[/quote]

brother LOL , you have mixed 2 different posts actually, one is saying about 700 Va model and other is saying about 1500 VA model .