1218-Port hang / refersh problem

not more than 45 days have passed since i got my student PTCL 1MB broadband connection. but after every one week, i get my connection "Port hang" problem and it takes more than 5 five days to resolve it and some times more than that due to strike. I call daily 1218 and they say, your request for port refresh is in process.

It is 3rd time that my i am facing the same problem. I was wondering why every time my connection's port is hanged ??? can this port be changed ? (i guess my port is faulty). or can there be any other solution to resolve the issue ?

ADSL light is stable, but internet light is on RED mode. if i configure my fibrehome PTCL's modem to BRIDGE mode then it gives " 678 connection error". SNR is above 27 and line attenuation is around 32.

O God Helppp :) , what a helpless helpline.... :(

even after more than 18 days downtime, i am still stuck with 678 error. though strike is over but our exchange guys are not admitting that strike is over.

How did you know that your port is faulty? Can you even browse sites like youtube.com, google.com? and whats your sync rates?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

How did you know that your port is faulty? Can you even browse sites like youtube.com, google.com? and whats your sync rates?
[/quote]

my DSL does not get connected. modem’s internet light remains REG (means no internet connectivity). when i complained at 1218 . they configured my modem to bridge mode. and when i dial for connecting in bridge mode, it gives 678 error. then techincal CSR of PTCL told me that your line port is hanged and it needs to be refreshed.

since that day i am waiting for an angle / ghost to refresh my port :P

Dear its Server Authentication Problem.

It Happens Quite often to me but does`nt mean that Port is hanged or whatever.

Simply let your Modem to connect

Dear its Server Authentication Problem.

It Happens Quite often to me but does`nt mean that Port is hanged or whatever.

Simply let your Modem to connect

[/quote]

any suggested solution /tip ???

I have restored my modem setting to initial settings in which modem connects automatically. but again same problem : internet LED of modem remains RED.

Check your WAN status of modem. Does it say something like PPP Down or Authentication failure?

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=14001&p=4

Check your WAN status of modem. Does it say something like PPP Down or Authentication failure?
[/quote]

WAN status page shows PPP down.

though the strike is completely over since last Monday, but i am still stuck with this PTCL DSL. still getting 678 error.

yesterday i plugged out modem and connected it with my neighbor's line, it works there, but not on my line.

Seems like that DSL guy of PTCL is looking for some kharcha pani...

I do not know why my line particularly gets stuck after few weeks again and again. I am getting 678 error again now.

my DSL was restored last month on 27th and this month on 18th it is again giving port hang error 678.

Very poor customer service.

I am also getting same error, from the start. My broadband connection was installed at 13th of October, in installation he said there is port error. And after a lot of complaints, still i'm having same error. Even not used a single byte of internet.

Don't know what to do. Exchange people say, "aaj ho jaye ga"

Reboot your modem with factory defaults and then enter your username and password again with right vci/vpi settings.. inshallah your problem will solved

My dear, it is not settings issue. neither it is a modem error.

there is some fault at PTCL end in my line.

Reboot your modem with factory defaults and then enter your username and password again with right vci/vpi settings.. inshallah your problem will solved
[/quote]