100 MBPS Connection in Pakistan

Hello,

I run a web hosting company.

I have servers in Malaysia & USA. I am planning to expand my bussiness to Pakistan my mother land.

The problem I am facing is that here I have not seen any one yet a good high speed connection provider atleast 10 MB.

Anyone awailing such facilities please post here about the pacakhe, its prices and the please also tell how their service is?

Thanks

AlfainHost.com

http://www.alfainhost.com

Expanding it to Pakistan market is fine, but are you planning to actually setup Data Center here in Pakistan ? Why dont you just keep you servers in one of USA Data centers ? , i.e. some where which is more reliable.

I hope you know of the energy crisis we have in this country, you will have to spend a lot more for Generators(+fuel)/UPS(+batteries). Also the ISPs here aren't very friendly either from what I've read.

Yes due to all these any many others uncountable factors, I would suggest you to not think of setting up any DC operations in pakistan, that is not necessary either, you can still market and sell your hosting to clients in pakistan, keeping the servers in DCs in Malaysia and US.

I bet you could get more clients as well by advertising that you keep your servers in US or Malaysia.

yeh you should better invest there cause here the political conditions are so worse that u cant predict anything

by the way the ptcl has a monopoly you can say that for sure but only provides 4mpbs that's fairly too low..

just get three PTCL EVDO 3.1mbps and bridge them! lol see if it does work..

it would cost u 6000PKR monthly for three of them and 18000/- PKR upfront (non refundable)

do tell others if it worked :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

just get three PTCL EVDO 3.1mbps and bridge them! lol see if it does work…

it would cost u 6000PKR monthly for three of them and 18000/- PKR upfront (non refundable)

do tell others if it worked :P

[/quote]

He’d be lucky if 3 of em together give 3.1mbps. And he’s asking for 100Mbps, not 9.3Mbps.

He just asked for atleast 10mb! you even hav anything to read proper?

Maybe I'm mistaken but he says 'I have not seen any one yet a good high speed connection provider atleast 10 MB' which I think means he hasn't seen anyone provide 10Mbps. He hasn't stated clearly that he wants 10Mbps but in the topic he says 100Mbps.

Well.. Then he must contact to satellite services and get offline downloading thingie.. Its 100X faster than DSL or stuff that WE call broadband.. I heard about some satellite subscription and a Dish pointed to satellite would do for him..

In Japan 1Gbps satellite linked stuff is goin on.. Where are we sitting!

AFAIK Satellite is waaaaaay more expensive, its better to get servers somewhere else. And the Opensky one here isn't that fast either, not 100Mbps. In Japan, I dunno about satellite but 1Gbps Fibre-Optic is around $50-60, <Rs.5000. And it's 1Gbps upload as well.

My friend getting 20mbps true speed in lahore.

contract with ISP

Maybe I’m mistaken but he says ‘I have not seen any one yet a good high speed connection provider atleast 10 MB’ which I think means he hasn’t seen anyone provide 10Mbps. He hasn’t stated clearly that he wants 10Mbps but in the topic he says 100Mbps.
[/quote]

10mbps is good speed for running server

madihrb, I am working in software House, having one dedicated in USA giving online services to 15 clients. I have given them same idea to host server locally but after evulation I come out with unreliable and un-affordable results.

Results are follow:-(remember I am talking about one server).

Startup cost 5,80,000 (Generator(Auto start)=3,50,000, AC = 25000, UPS= 30,000, Server = 150000, DSL = 25,000

Above price is average based and minimum.

Secondly in Pakistan DSL didn't provide any help in regards of Hosting of server and most of ISP don't have setup to allow multiples sites

Third our Energy prices are very high and unstable in regard to run setup in Pakistan.

Fourthly Monthly expenses can't be less then 45,000

and last there is so much technical issues are needed to deal with to run it smoothly.

My dear it is only possible if you want to open data center here in Pakistan and have lot of money to invest like an entrepreneur.

Pakistan has Higher Energy Cost + Higher DSL Cost + Lower Quality DSL

I hope you know of the energy crisis we have in this country, you will have to spend a lot more for Generators(+fuel)/UPS(+batteries). Also the ISPs here aren’t very friendly either from what I’ve read.
[/quote]

who told you this country having energy crisis if today your Power companies pays their Fines to PSO then there is no Crisis LOL

PSO (Pakistan State Oil)

Yeah, like thats gonna happen :P