1 Ton Split AC - Stabilizer Recommendations Required

Hello Fellows, Have a good day.

I preached 1 ton AC on last Saturday.The problem is that in my area the supply is only 160V incoming from KESC. For that reason I need stabilizer for my AC. now what should I do.

1 - Should I buy a stabilizer which is enough for my AC only.

2 - Should I buy a stabilizer which is enough for whole of my home load.

Major load:

1x 10cub FT Fridge,

1x 32" LCD TV,

1x 1Ton AC (to be installed)

1x Iron

1x Washing Machine.

& regular kitchen appliances, Micro Oven, Food Factory etc).

Please tell me if I buy a stabilizer only for my AC is that enough for whole home load or should I buy some high rating stabilizer. Also recommend me some good brands including their showroom or dealers address. I am willing to pay extra bucks if the product is value for money.

Thanks in advance for your time.

BR

In my opinion It is not good idea to use a stabilizer for whole house. I think servo motor stabilizer will be best choice and I am also looking if someone can recommend a good stabilizer for AC. If there is not much difference is price then I will go for stabilizer that can manage 1.5 ton AC for future thought :)

I highly recommend our domestic brand Universal. They offer 5 kW and 7 kW models that are meant for use with ACs. Their standard models work with input voltage as low as 130 V and have a special line that can work with even lower input voltages down to 100 V. These are not servo motor stabilizers but have exceptional build quality and performance and I had the good fortune to use one for three years while posted to a remote station.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks both of you for your advice and quick response.

From where should I buy Universal Stabilizer, have they any authorized dealer or showroom located any where in Pakistan specifically in Karachi.

I am very thankful to you for your valuable time.

Zahid Shakir Electronics (makers of Universal stabilizers) have an office in Karachi that you can reach by calling (021) 32711598. Ask for Mr. Nasir (I've already spoken to him) and he'll help you find a dealer depending on your location in the city.

Btw you can view their line of stabilizers at http://universal-appliances.com/products.html.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again sir, that is a great help from your side.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I want to know one more thing. I heard some where that it is must to install new AC by company authorized installer else they don't claim card (i think it is circuit board) warranty. Is that true?

I think that may be true. The last time I had an AC installed (Haier 1.5 ton), I elected to have it done by company authorised techs who stamped my warranty card after they were finished. Why don't you ask the dealer to clarify?

Fitting is free from company, included in price, unless cost of pipe is included or excluded from installation. bracket costs extra. so it is best to have them fit.. still, it is not a problem who ever fits it, as long as problems donot include breakage or burning.

as for main topic

people looking for Stabilizer for AC, should not go for servo. they will be tooooo expensive and also not recommended for motor based appliances.

in lahore, you can get local made GENERAL stabilzers from hallroad, which are durable and good build quality..

range from 160V-260V... ave output 220+/- 3%...

5000W and 7000W models... in reality 7000 means 6000W.. :)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:, topic:”]

Thanks sir for replying in detail. What would you recommend me for my orient 1Ton AC. May I go for 5000w or 7000watt stabilizer.

Installation is not included with my package.

I want to discuss 1thing more about outer unit placement.

Option 1
-Pipe Length:~25ft
-Easy Installation
-Easy access for overhaul & Maintenance

• Open Air (on roof)
  • 4 to 5 hr direct sun light

Option 2
-Pipe Length:~12ft
-Difficult Installation
-Difficult access for overhaul & Maintenance

• Closed Space (4x14ft open to sky corridor, outer would be 18 ft below from top open edge)
    -No sunlight at all

What would you recommend 1or2.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

[/quote]

1 ton ac uses around 11A torque and 6-8A on cooling., that would amount to near 2000W starting and 1500W on cooling operation at max.. so a 5000W would be sufficient.. you can even connect it direct to the main phase of the meter and run the whole house on it it your combined PEAK simultaneous load is around less than 3500W with AC.

in both your fitting options, it should be better in long term as well as cooling performance to go for the longer pip and no sunlight option, as it will prevent heat stress and thus more efficient cooling.. overhauling is done once a year so it wont be much of a problem.. you should ask the fitters for advice too.. sometimes they give some really good ideas.. :)

[quote=“taru, post:5, topic:19743”]

Zahid Shakir Electronics (makers of Universal stabilizers) have an office in Karachi that you can reach by calling (021) 32711598. Ask for Mr. Nasir (I've already spoken to him) and he'll help you find a dealer depending on your location in the city.

Btw you can view their line of stabilizers at http://universal-appliances.com/products.html.

Hope this helps.

[/quote]

Hello Sir, No one attend this Number, If you have any other kindly share . I also tired PTCL directory assistance 3-4 times but still no luck.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:11, topic:19743”]

1 ton ac uses around 11A torque and 6-8A on cooling., that would amount to near 2000W starting and 1500W on cooling operation at max.. so a 5000W would be sufficient.. you can even connect it direct to the main phase of the meter and run the whole house on it it your combined PEAK simultaneous load is around less than 3500W with AC.

in both your fitting options, it should be better in long term as well as cooling performance to go for the longer pip and no sunlight option, as it will prevent heat stress and thus more efficient cooling.. overhauling is done once a year so it wont be much of a problem.. you should ask the fitters for advice too.. sometimes they give some really good ideas.. :)

[/quote]

Thanks sir for your time and valuable suggestions.

Sorry that's the only one I've got. Maybe they are off on Saturday. Call them on Monday. When I called him, he did mention that most of the major electronic dealers in Regal/Saddar area are authorised resellers of Universal.

[quote=“taru, post:14, topic:19743”]

Sorry that's the only one I've got. Maybe they are off on Saturday. Call them on Monday. When I called him, he did mention that most of the major electronic dealers in Regal/Saddar area are authorised resellers of Universal. Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

[/quote]

Ok sir, Thanks a lot for your help. I well try to contact them on Monday.

@taru: Do they have office in lahore? Any good place in lahore to buy Universal stabilizer and how to check if it is original?

@farhan: Which one is good, Universal or General ? I have Gree 1 ton and voltage in my area stays at 165-175.

as both are local made, there is not much difference as almost every kit is made on hall road.. the difference is the amount of copper used vs Silver used.. Copper will be more expensive but powerful and durable. you will have to specifically ask for higher copper as they donot make it in routine due to higher cost.

since using 1 ton.. you can go for anything between 3000W and 5000W... expect actual watts to be 500-1000W lower than quoted. ::)

Thanks Bro, I plan to buy 7000 watts ups for whole of my household appliances including Refrigerator which is running with hot compressor due to low voltage. Also planning for 1.5 ton ac in future so I think 7000 watts will do good. I saw Universal A-70 (special for low voltage 125 volts) and plan to buy it.

Sorry for the belated reply. Zahid Shakir Electronics (makers of Universal stabilizers) are actually a Lahore based firm and you may call their head office at the following numbers that I Googled:

+92 42 37323751

+92 42 37233751

Call them and ask for authorized dealer who will sell you the genuine product.

Thanks Dear, I will contact them IA. Another question, should l buy one 7000 watts and attach it to mains or should buy 5000 watts for AC and 1000 watts for Fridge separately?