1 month = 30 days? 1 year = 360 days

Just had an interesting chat with a Micronet Broadband billing rep.

Apparently, according to their definition, a month comprises of 30 days against which the specific monthly payment is made. Accordingly, for those who pay 6-12 months in advance, they loose days of service. e.g. If one paid 12 months in advance on 1st January in any particular year, the service is only provided up to 25th or 26th of December of the same year.

To get internet for the remaining 4-5 days, you will have to pay again.This usage of the word 'monthly' for payment reeks of 'unlimited' as it is used for monthly volume by some other infamous ISPs. And as is usually the case, the rep states that this has been like this since day one. :rolleyes: How come I never noticed it in numerous years of using their service? :angry:

An underhanded tactic if I ever saw one. And I used to think Micronet had some honest business practices compared to the likes of PTCL, etc. <_<

/RANT

Very strange. Probably a system limitation?

Doubt it. I recall paying the charges on a monthly basis in the earlier years without this issue. This is a rather cheap tactic.

[quote=“Asad, post:, topic:”]

I used to think Micronet had some honest business practices compared to the likes of PTCL, etc. <_<

[/quote]

It’s a rare thing to find these days… I got a LDN connection few days ago, 1Mbps on 735/month thinking it is cheaper. But using outlook, I am unable to send out emails as the smtp server they provide is not sending out mails. Upon complaints, they keep saying “Your IP is black listed, we have forwarded the request, be patient”. Finally after yelling out many times, a CSR said" Sir buy a static IP from us for Rs.200/month and you will not have this issue".

The cheap internet Rs.735/month will become Rs.935/month, what a cheap tactic to mint money.

@Asad

You will do much better if you stop expecting, Its not that expectations are bad. One thing I know for sure that the mentality of the ppl of our country cannot be changed regardless of the state-of-the-art equipment/infrastructure they own.

Too bad you don't have 'leap year', no new year's day, no 29th of feb.... :lol:

[quote=", post:4, topic:16052"]

It’s a rare thing to find these days… I got a LDN connection few days ago, 1Mbps on 735/month thinking it is cheaper. But using outlook, I am unable to send out emails as the smtp server they provide is not sending out mails. Upon complaints, they keep saying “Your IP is black listed, we have forwarded the request, be patient”. Finally after yelling out many times, a CSR said" Sir buy a static IP from us for Rs.200/month and you will not have this issue".

The cheap internet Rs.735/month will become Rs.935/month, what a cheap tactic to mint money.

[/quote]

You use your ISPs email account?

[quote=“Faisal, post:5, topic:16052”]

Too bad you don’t have ‘leap year’, no new year’s day, no 29th of feb… :lol:

[/quote]

The rep stated that you get 30 days for February (one additional day) as if he was doing me some huge favor. :rolleyes:

Its a shame that they doing this to their customers specially to those who pay in advance for a whole year.

I am speechless. :unsure:

[quote=“Asad, post:6, topic:16052”]

You use your ISPs email account?

[/quote]

No, I have my business email on my website which is hosted on Yahoo Small Business. Incoming server is by Yahoo which works fine on every ISP but outgoing mail server I have to use the one which is provided ISP. This restriction is to scan the emails, I think. Every ISP gives you his own server for outgoing emails.

What about Micronet ? I am fed up with PTCL at my work place and just switched to LDN but still have PTCL. At least PTCL outgoing mail server works, but frequent disconnections is a major problem with PTCL.

Could this possibly be one of those moves to prevent hoax/phishing emails from being transmitted from home based mail servers?

Anyway, I have my email hosted in the US and can send/receive email without any issue. I recall receiving an email from Micronet about it quite a long while back about outbound email. Found it:

Dated: Sept, 2009

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Dear Valued Customer,

During the past few months number of junk emails

received on our mail servers and through our

network has increased considerably. The root

cause of these junk/spam emails is largely some

valued customers PCs? are infected with viruses,

worms and Trojans etc. Any activity that is

generated from a user?s PC without Customer?s

permission/knowledge causes huge utilization/

loss of data volume/usage to both our

customer's(client's) and Micronet

Broadband (Servers).

These Spam/Junk email generation from customer's

LAN/PC leads to initiation of automated procedures/

polices configured on mail serves of blacklisting/

blocking of Spam/Junk email generating IP's, all

over the Internet world.

In order to safeguard our network and that of our

customers from being exploited by malicious

softwares, we will be blocking direct outgoing

mail (SMTP) access for customers who are not

running their own legitimate mail servers.

However, customers will be able to send emails

by using our mail server smtp.dsl.net.pk in their

email clients like Outlook/Eudora/etc).

Our mail server will scan all users emails for

viruses and spam content before they are sent

to their destination. Please note that this policy

is not applicable on usage of web based email

services, like Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail etc.

We will implement email outgoing restriction

policy w.e.f 21st Oct, 2009.

If you have a corporate mail server that you use

for your outgoing emails, please get back to us

with complete server address and necessary details

in order to enable direct access through our

network.You are requested to provide the following

details for this purpose:

1: MBL User ID.

2: Mail Server ie. Sendmail, Ms-Exchange,Domino etc.

3: Mail Server IP.

4: No of Email users.

For further queries, please feel free to contact

us via email to support@dsl.net.pk or by calling

111 11 44 44.

Kind Regards

Manager

Technical Assistance Center

Micronet Broadband (Pvt.) Ltd.

[/quote]

[quote=“Asad, post:10, topic:16052”]

Could this possibly be one of those moves to prevent hoax/phishing emails from being transmitted from home based mail servers?

Anyway, I have my email hosted in the US and can send/receive email without any issue. I recall receiving an email from Micronet about it quite a long while back about outbound email. Found it:

[/quote]

If I am not wrong, Micronet is now a part of LDN and same configurations apply, which outgoing smtp server you are using ?

I have tried 3 smtp servers provided by LDN, none of them works for me, I just want to see if you are using any of those 3 servers.

Micronet part of LDN? I didn't got that memo.

I use SMTP servers from my email host, not those of my ISP.

[quote=“Asad, post:12, topic:16052”]

Micronet part of LDN? I didn’t got that memo.

[/quote]

Sorry I was so mad at LDN that I really forgot, it’s not LDN but COMSATS. Am I right that Micronet is owned by COMSATS now?

[quote=“Asad, post:12, topic:16052”]

I use SMTP servers from my email host, not those of my ISP.

[/quote]

That is exactly what I want, but neither LDN nor PTCL allows this, does Micronet allows its users or as per the email you quoted, you approved your server from Micronet ?

^ Not to my knowledge. As far as I know, Micronet and Nayatel are sister concerns; Micronet dealing with DSL and Nayatel dealing with FTTH.

There were rumors of LDN closing down operations or being involved in a merger - not exactly sure right now.

I don't recall getting any approval. My own hosted email accounts on servers abroad have always worked.

If you want to test on Micronet, set up a dummy ID and send me the login credentials and access protocols (with SMTP port number). I can check it for you.

As far as i know, everyone is doing the same. Businesses mean 30 days when they use the word one month. Although i have no proof, but i guess telcos do the same. Someone who is using monthly unlimited GPRS/Edge can confirm.

[quote=“Asad, post:14, topic:16052”]

If you want to test on Micronet, set up a dummy ID and send me the login credentials and access protocols (with SMTP port number). I can check it for you.

[/quote]

Thanks for the kind offer. I think a close friend of mine (whom I visit almost daily) has Micronet, I will check on Monday at his place, if I can’t fine Micronet, I will request you.

good search